“Gators galore!!!”

Gatorland General Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gatorland features 3,000 gators and 89 crocodiles, as well as a number of bird and snake exhibits.
Reviewed April 13, 2011

My 11 year old and left a very cold Syracuse at 7:00 AM, landed in Orlando at 11:00. By noon we were at Gatorland eating lunch in the shade surrounded by well cared for gators, turtles, parrots, farm animals,and birds. The place is beautifuly maintained, the staff very pleasant.
We spent the next 3 1/2 hours exploring the park. Everywere you turn there is something interesting to see. The scenery was fantastic. The birds in the rookery were in various stages of raising their babies. It was amazing how close you could get. The photographs that we came back with are beautiful. The swamp walk was a nice end to the trip. We chose Gatorland because others wrote that Gatorland was clean, had well cared for animals, and was a fun 1/2 day trip. We couldn't agree more! We would like to go back for another visit. I hope by then the Zip line is up and running, and the Train is back in service. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

There are newer reviews for Gatorland

Reviewed April 11, 2011

I visited Gatorland last week with my husband and 15 and 7 year old sons. If you like gators, you'll see more here than you've probably ever seen in your life. They do a great job of displaying the gators in their natural habitats.

But there are truly scams everywhere. The shows are mediocre and always end with them soliciting guest for overpriced pictures. If you hold an animal, they offer you an overpriced picture. To feed their animals food that they dont even like, its more money. The food is beyond expensive. My son ordered a kids MEAL, it included no fries or a drink, only a hotdog, a tiny toy and goldfish crackers. We travel all the time, so i know how expensive things are, but it was really out of control.

If your looking for something that will consume maybe 3 or 4 hours of your time in Orlando, and is about 1/3 of the cost of Disney, def go, but make sure you eat first and say NO to everything they offer you.

3  Thank soloandmeka
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We first went to Gatorland in 2008, as something to do that was different from the theme parks. I was expecting the usual kids stuff, like a few goats in an enclosure, maybe some emus and a couple of snakes, and then perhaps if we were very lucky, we might get to see a gator or two. But wow ! What a surprise! - as soon as you walk in you can see hundreds of baby gators in a lovely natural enclosure, just hanging around in the water or sunning themselves on the islands. You then walk on to find older and bigger gators in similar settings. There are the goats and the snakes as well and shows for the kids, but the best part, by far is the beautiful walk through the swamps following the wooden walkway. Here you see many large gators in their natural habitat, again just lazing around and if you're lucky you might see a fight - we did and were quite shocked by their agility and speed.
We returned in April 2011 and at this time of year the white Cranes are all nesting in the trees and many of the young are just being born - some were trying to fly. There were hundreds of them and the whole place was like a huge wildlife park - pretty AMAZING!
The only disappointment was that they had closed off the the crocadile pools to the rear of the park, which accounts for at least another hour of your visit and again is really interesting because you see many different types of croc. The reason for this is the construction of a zip line in this area, to be opened later this year. So if you are planning to go, I'd wait until this is finished and the whole place is open again, otherwise I'd thoroughly recommend it

Reviewed April 9, 2011

We were on a group holiday to do the whole 'theme park thing' but my little bro and I broke away one day to visit Gatorland- me because I have a bit of a gator/snake fasination and my 12yr old little bro..well because heis 12 yrs old!
Was a bit worried that having already spent a fortune on holiday Gatorland might have been a bit of a unnesserary expense but I needed have worried- Gatorland was absolutely great! We could only find a half day (4hr) tour, we could have actually done with another 1-2hours, Staff and shows were fab! They were both entertaining and informative. We were able to see all 'wildlife' really close up but felt totally guilt free as they have the most natural and spacious habitats.
I really could'nt recomend Gatorland more which is why I am visiting their website 6 months after my visit!....and my boyfriend just asked 'Is that you visiting your happy place again?' yes, yes it is! Go! :)

Reviewed April 2, 2011

I think this it's the only attraction of all the ones i've been during my stay in Orlando (4 Disney Parks, 2 Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens and several dinner shows).
The shows are pathetic: the gator wrestling it's boring and an awkward situation if you worry about animals. The other show Jumparoo.....i don't know if it's because the gators are over-feed or what but they don't show interest at all for the chicken they offer them...and it lasts for 2 minutes.....
The other part of the park were you can see other animals was closed.
I definitely wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.

3  Thank therion2001