“Very Overated”

Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie
Ranked #5 of 75 Bakeries in Orlando
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Delectable assortments of sandwiches, quiches, French pastries and a variety of beverages are available for a quick meal.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

After reading such great reviews about this place, I decided to give it a try. We purchased croissants and chocolate chip cookies. The croissants were ok but extremely overpriced for what they were( I guess that's Disney for you). Chocolate chip cookies were tasteless and we put most of them in the bin.
Atmosphere was crowded and we literally had to battle our way through cramped tables and chairs to get to the counter. Once at the counter, we then had to steer our way through a maze of poorly designed ropes for queueing (with 2 buggies) to get to the till. SO EXPENSIVE.
Oh dear Disney....so not child-friendly :-(
Will not return to this place and definitely will not recommend.
My favourite place by far when we went to Orlando was THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY at Mall of Millenia for great quality food, value and service! I cannot rate it highly enough after having so many rip-off, average 'meals' at the parks.

1  Thank Habc

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We tried the cheese and ham croissants and chicken sandwich with pesto here, along with coffee and strawberry smoothies, followed by strawberry, lemon meringue and Napoleon pastries. French servers are in the counter service location and they are very friendly and help with ordering in French, if you wish. Service was quite slow though- we were standing at the counter with a queue forming behind us for over 5 mins before any server came over. The savoury food was all delicious, as were the smoothies, however the strawberry tart, which looked amazing was just a pastry case full of fake cream, topped with glazed strawberries. The Napoleon had a thick grainy textured creamy custard which was not very pleasant. The setting, however, was amazing. There is a small interior seating area but there was no room there so we ate outside in the French themed street. Recommended, but forget the strawberry tarts and Napoleon pastries - they look nicer than they taste.

1  Thank aotni
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The setting was great. Disney went all out to make you feel like you were in France. It was like being in a French marketplace surrounded by the boutiques, gardens, dessert and wine shops. The Boulangerie food was served cafeteria style with choices to suit everyone. I only have too worlds to describe the food 'Tres Fantastique'. The food was delicious. I ordered the Croque Monsieur and Crème Brulee. The Croque Monsieur is like ham and cheese to the tenth power. It contains ham, mustard, gruyere and parmesan cheese sauce. The sandwich is toasted and topped with more of the gruyere and parmesan. There were many dessert options to be had. I decided to use my broken French to ask the Disney caste member serving me which of the desserts he preferred. He said Crème Brulee was his favorite. I was not disappointed. The carmelized sugar top was very tasty. The crème was smooth and not too sweet. I've had better, but this was very good for an amusement park.The portions are large and you could easily share with someone and still have plenty to eat.

2  Thank jstdreamin
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Very authentic and very good. Terrific deserts -- delicious cafe au lait. Pricey but well worth it. The sandwiches looked fantastic. Like being in Paris in Orlando.

1  Thank Iancolin
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for desserts, but quickly discovered that they had sandwiches. Desserts were good. I think I had some type of chocolate mousse, and my wife had some kind of macaroon. She loved her dessert, mine was just okay. If you are a dessert fan, probably this is a must-see place. I wish I was hungry enough to get their sandwiches. They looked tasty. When you walk in the place, you really need to navigate through the seating area as the place is usually packed.

1  Thank Tsucchy