Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search

“Delicious!”

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'
Ranked #106 of 4,637 Restaurants in Orlando
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Didn’t have a reservation but was able to sit at the bar and enjoy the awesome moonshine Sangria. The bartender was super nice! The shrimp cocktail appetizer was amazing, with avocado, mango, slaw, and shrimp, it was so good! The fried chicken didn’t disappoint! Portions are huge! Really enjoyed everything about this place.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,569)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you like southern comfort food, I would recommend dining here. The chicken thigh and biscuit appetizer was delish. Could be a meal for someone who doesn’t eat a lot; like me. Had the chicken club and Mac and cheese which was also good. Big servings. No room for desert which also looked delish.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food here is scrumptious. We had the 1981 salad, grouper sandwich, shrimp cocktail, green beans and deviled eggs. All of it we would have again (and again), but the whole menu sounds scrumptious. Dave was a great server. The only small complaints were that the restaurant was supposed to open at 11 and didn’t because they were meeting so we were standing outside in the Florida heat (in a suit), when we could have been welcomed into the air conditioned waiting area while they wrapped up. Or, hark, they could have opened at 11. Also, it looks like there might be a fair amount of business meetings there so the management might think about separating families from business people/adults. Because we got there at 11 all of the tables were empty and they put my professionally dressed party right next to a table with multiple children running around and not being the most quiet of guests. Thankfully, Dave moved our table immediately when requested to an area that did wind up being adults only. Which also made me wonder, is there an adults only section and was the hostess annoyed with me when I opened the doors at 11 and she said they were wrapping up a meeting and we had to stay outside until she opened the doors and I said to go share with her fellow employees that it was 11 and time to open? And perhaps being annoyed, sat my my business table next to misbehaving children? I’m probably reading too much into it. Either way, we’ll be back!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is real deal Southern (Florida Southern) food with top notch ingredients and excellent service, even when they're busy, which is all-the-time. It was 100 degrees outside but we tried the Addie Mae's Chicken & Dumpling Soup on recommendation. Not to be missed....Share a bowl.. The honeyed up biscuits are killer. I had the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits with Pickle and Honey Drizzle......Holy Moly.....Incredible. Great drinks and awesome hot donuts.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Everything on the menu sounded delicious, but I choose the beef short ribs served off the bone with demi glace over mashed potatoes and glad I did. We had a large party so a variety of food items were ordered, including the famous mac and cheese, 2 appetizers of deviled eggs and a smorgasbord of items which included pimento cheese and smoked trout spread. Highly recommend making a reservation here in Disney Springs.