“A land of gift shops and restaurants”

Epcot World Showcase
Ranked #13 of 441 things to do in Orlando
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Epcot is little changed from 20 years ago. We enjoyed this park more than Magic Kingdom as it is much less crowded. The countries were OK. Highlights were fish and chips in England, Udon noodles in Japan, the Smoked Salmon sandwich in Norway. Food in China overpriced. The food court in The Land was the best value, especially if you have a family. Our son sampled many of the beers and reported they were all good. Beer highlights there were Morocco, Norway and Italy. You may ask why I am focusing on the food and beer. There is little else worthwhile to do at the Epcot park. If you have youngens, then the Figment rides are good, and the boat ride in the land about aquaculture is decent. Marketing is one thing, providing a quality park is another. Disney needs to change and soon. Know that nothing negative happened at Epcot, I am simply giving my Trip Advisor family my honest opinion.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,589)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The park is amazing! We choose to avoid the busy dinner rush and simply eat multiple items at every country. Fish and Chips in England, Turkey leg in US, Creps in France, etc... We all share and experience the food together and served by only people for their home countries! Disney makes it so real!!! LOVE THIS PARK!!!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The show at night is worth a watch, and in January it wasn't too crowded.

I was pleased to hear the Taiko Drummers at the Japanese Pavilion, but their performance seemed muted from that many years ago that got me interested in this music.

And the rest of Epcot seemed diminished from what I remembered. Maybe it's not something to go back to when you're older and ,ore wide;y-travelled.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I think the countrys in Epcot are well represented. The architecture of the buildings are so authentic. It made us feel like we really were in those countrys. Each country is unique and offers something different. Our favorite things: the movies in Canada and China, the food in Germany, the entertainment in Italy, the singers in the US, and the cozy atmosphere in England.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our first trip to Disney, we caught the fireworks show at epcot the first night, 7 night stay. The whole family loved it, especially since its a free show. I liked Phantasmic(hollywood studios) better but both are 5 stars! Do not miss either.