Ways to Experience Disney's Animal Kingdom
More Info
from $48.29
More Info
31,067 results
All reviews safari ride expedition everest the lion king kali river rapids tree of life tusker house bugs life african safari dino land yak and yeti everest roller coaster primeval whirl bird show fast pass river journey love animals finding nemo
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Animal Kingdom is first and foremost a theme park; the animals feel very much a secondary aspect (in fact, we barely saw any animals before lunch). The Lion King show was our first port of call, and we thought that was really excellent.

For our five-year-old daughter the highlight really was doing the Wilderness Explorer stations, gathering sticker badges all around the park. I wish we'd started doing that at the beginning of the day; it's a good way of making sure you see most of the park.

A very enjoyable day, but I wish the animals had a bit more prominence than they do.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

I imagined that Animal Kingdom was going to be the less interesting of all the Disney parks, but I was pleasantly surprised!

It's not as big as the other parks, nor does it have as many rides, but that means you're able to get around it all.

And unlike some of the other parks in high season, it wasn't as busy meaning that you could actually enjoy the Disney atmosphere without the hustle associated with the other parks.

Some of the rides were actually contenders with the big rides at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

The Everest Expedition ride was brilliant, and all my children agreed that it was their favourite ride of the Disney parks - mainly because what you get is unexpected just like the park itself.

Other must dos are the Safari (obviously - but best to go either first or last thing), the Rapids (a great way to cool down on a hot day) and Tough being a bug (based on bugs life).

Overall a great day out for all the family

1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed August 21, 2016

I love how Kilimajaro Safari and the Maharajah Jungle Trek shows the different kind of animals. Also, The Everest Rollercoaster is AMAZING

Reviewed August 21, 2016

I think its sad that someone in Disney came up with the idea of using the "Pay More for NO LINE" philosophy for a children's theme park. We had to stand in line for excessive amounts of time with smaller children while people with older children were continuously allowed to jump in front of the line because of the Fast Pass privilege. Sorry but that kind of arrangement belongs in parks where most of the people getting on rides are teenagers and adults. Not younger kids. Shame on you Disney. I took my kids a dozen times while they were growing up... I'm not visiting anymore with my grandkids. Additionally half the rides we wanted to get on where out of service.

5  Thank Alvin V
Reviewed August 21, 2016

I've animal kingdom visit was a memorable one. The recreation of the African Safari which gives us a look at animals in their natural strings was a nice one.the shops tend to overcome the attractions. It is advantageous to fast tack using the net on Disney pass esp if we have to hop to more Disney parks on the same say. If we have time at our disposal better take not more then two theme parks in a single day.