“What an experience!”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Drive or ride shotgun in a NASCAR race car at Disney World Speedway!Take command of the wheel and experience real speed first-hand by driving a NASCAR race car around the mile-long, tri-oval racetrack! You're in for the thrill of a lifetime as you test your driving skills during one of our 8, 18 or 30 lap programs.Looking to enjoy the ride from the passenger's seat? Experience real life racing excitement as you ride shotgun in a 2-seat NASCAR race car driven by one of our professional driving instructors during your 3-lap qualifying run. You'll quickly learn what it takes to compete in NASCAR as you reach speeds up to 140 MPH.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Coming from a true adventurer...this was a blast! From start to finish my experience was darn near perfect. Rusty, the classroom instructor is a hoot! Dustin, the instructor who took his life in his hands riding with me should be commended. Never in my life have I had someone have to tell me "more gas" so many times! It is obvious everyone at this place loves their job...they are genuine and know how to have fun. I highly recommend this experience...it is unlike any other in Disney.

1  Thank Sara L

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I tried out the Rookie experience with a friend of mine and we had a little wager as to who was the fastest. All I have to say about this is that I had the better result! We decided to take part and suggest to anyone thinking about having a go to shop around for the best prices. This is a place where you can get discounted tickets. We checked it out on the internet and found tickets for over $100 cheaper each than from the actual place. The morning was well organized and professional. The diving experience was a little tame to start as I felt that I needed to go a little faster. This soon changed towards then end of the session when the instructor in the passenger seat was encouraging me to push further. I managed a little over 124mph although I have to say that it did feel faster. There was a lot of waiting when the other members of the group were having their turns and we did feel that there was a severe overcharge if you wanted to buy the video or photos of the session. This should have been included in the price.
Another one ticked of the list and great experience. We did talk about it a lot afterwards so it must have been good.

1  Thank The2fieldies
Reviewed October 22, 2013

if you are like my Wife and I and love your cars and racing then this place is a awesome choice. We both paid to drive the Rookie experience , which is 8 laps of the oval circuit,,..

After a good lengthy safety and driving briefing, the drivers are put into a drivers order and called out to get into the Nascar. They operate a "Instructor in the car" operation, meaning a fully qualified and experience race car driver is sat right next to you.

They are very open and honest. If you listen and stick to their instructions you will be fast...or as fast as you wish to go. my race report showed I managed to get to 128mph...the Wife ..looked elegant and refused to share her speed!!...

You build up the pace over each lap and they build up the confidence with you.,

Please be under no illusions...this is a very expensive driving experience. But in our opinion extremely worth it and a "once in a lifetime" opportunity.,

2  Thank drunkennosh
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

What an awesome experience. Where else can you go and drive a $300,000 exotic car like a Ferrari 100 miles per hour? The staff were great and well informed. It's amazing to think this type of experience is in the Magic Kingdom parking lot. They built an actual NASCAR race track at Disney a short walk from the entrance to Magic Kingdom. A must do for all car guys.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I guess that this review is from a different perspective than most. I went with a friend who was into cars. He had a great time; me, not so much. It was poorly marked. The place had zero Disney charm. There was nothing to do for people who wait for the driver. The staff was not very well informed nor very helpful. It was like waiting for your car to be serviced at the dealership. If you aren't the one driving and you aren't that into cars, then I would recommend that you find a way to escape this place and come back later to pick up the driver. If your partner doesn't understand this, than take him on an all day shoe shopping trip before you go to Disney World for this Driving Experience!

2  Thank wrl53
PettyMarketing, Manager at Richard Petty Driving Experience, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

We would agree, watching others drive our 600 horsepower NASCAR race cars is definitely not as fun as driving one yourself. We always welcome spectators, friends and family at Walt Disney World Speedway, it’s free to drive through the infield tunnel to listen and watch the cars on-track from our viewing area on pit road. We strive to make it a family friendly destination. We’re sorry you did not enjoy your time spent at Walt Disney World Speedway.

Take care,