“WOW!!! So fun!!!”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Drive or ride shotgun in a NASCAR race car at Disney World Speedway!Take command of the wheel and experience real speed first-hand by driving a NASCAR race car around the mile-long, tri-oval racetrack! You're in for the thrill of a lifetime as you test your driving skills during one of our 8, 18 or 30 lap programs.Looking to enjoy the ride from the passenger's seat? Experience real life racing excitement as you ride shotgun in a 2-seat NASCAR race car driven by one of our professional driving instructors during your 3-lap qualifying run. You'll quickly learn what it takes to compete in NASCAR as you reach speeds up to 140 MPH.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We took my former drag racing (from back in the 50's), NASCAR loving father here for his 70th birthday, and it was awesome! It was perfect to give him the feel of racing once again, and getting to sit in an actual NASCAR while going at top speeds! He came out with the biggest smirk on his face ever! Kind of high, but was worth that moment for him.

1  Thank f h

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I surprised my husband with a trip to the Richard Petty Driving Experience 8/24/2012. He didn't know until we got to the Disney Gates (you go threw the Disney Gates then veer to the right-- you don't have to pay to enter the Disney gates). He was so excited, as you enter you drive up threw a tunnel to the track. You go through a 15mins-30mins "safety class". The teachers were great. (I was not driving but I was aloud to sit with my husband). After the video we go outside and take pic in front of the race car--> You can buy pic alone for $17.95 for just a single picture. (I took my own pictures, and videos while husband was on the track). There was about 5 other guys who was in the class with my husband. Luckily my hubby was the first one to race on the track. He got in the race car threw the window and he was off! I got him the "Rockie Expirence" for $449. I belive it was about 10 laps. The laps go by very fast, he was done within 30 mins. BUT he loved every min of it. After he was done you could go inside and buy the pics, the video from the inside and out. The video was $99, we declined to buy it, I was able to record video and that was good enough for us. Then you can buy pics, plaques. The plaque was a little expensive was well $69 with 2 pics. We bought one photo for $17.95. All in all, my husband was stoked to be doing it.

6  Thank Jelevy1
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Liked everything, disliked nothing. The staff were helpful, fun, Cant say anymore. A must for all petrol heads.

5  Thank Colin H
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great time - Grandsons and husband had a wonderful experience. They did everything to make it be perfect for us. Expensive, but worth the time and money!!! Get coupon off of wdwinfo - took $100 off my husband's rookie driving experience.

11  Thank ginnyfromkansas
See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Bought as fathers day gift for husband. He had the 3 lap ride-along experience.
He says everyone must do this, is worth every penny! Loved the speed, driving so close to the wall. Fantastic thing to do!
Bought the photo plaque, $35, cheap souvenir.

From spectators point of view, very good. We're able to take photos of event, getting changed into jumpsuit, which was amusing. Viewing area right next to pits top. Can easily view your family member getting ready, climbing in and out! So great for taking own pics. Very quick, obviously, so set that camera to sports setting!

Staff very nice, courteous. No hard sell on merchandise, which is nice.

Would Definately recommend this. Arrive early, as first come fisrt served basis. Only took 45 mins from arrival time, to finish, so can easily be fitted in before Magic Kingdom visit.

7  Thank NykolaJane