“Meal Deal/ Fast Pass Warning!!!!”

Universal Studios Florida
Ranked #7 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed April 26, 2007

I would recommend avoiding the Meal Deal at Universal Studios. We bought a two day meal deal pass with City Walk included. Total cost was $160.00. We were told we could not use before 11:00 am and had to use before 9:00 p.m. Well the resturant selection was very poor, all you could get was pizza or hamburger, drinks were not included, we did not know this when I purchased the meal deal passes. And the desserts were jello or a chocolate cake that I could not eat. As far a City Walk the two nights the resturants on the meal deal were blocked off for Graduation Bash (which I think is a wonderful thing that Univeral does for the seniors) but we should have been notified of that before we purchased our meal deal tickets. So we ended up spending extra money to eat both nights anyways. When I complained to quest services they could have cared less. I have done the Meal passes at Disney and it was wonderful, I expected the same. But was greatly disapointed.

Fast Pass is a joke...You can buy a fast pass for $30 per person for one park only, and you can only use it 1 time per ride. I would strongly recommend getting there early and riding the main rides first. We didn't do the "Fast Pass" thank goodness.

The staff was also very unfriendly. We were in the park for 3 days and I can say 3 people were friendly or acted like they were happy to be there. I was shocked. I will never pass up a chance at disney for univeral again. 1 day should cover both parks.

69  Thank LucySouthCarolina
Write a ReviewReviews (31,965)
All reviews
in 761 reviews
"park pass"
in 548 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2007

Visiting Universal Studios during April 2007 (Easter Week) was a nightmare. The crowds were terrible and there was nothing to do unless you wanted to wait a minimum of 1 hour but the normal wait was 1 1/2 to 2 hours/ride or attraction. In addition, there wasn't very much there. Much of this theme park is shops and restaurants....more things to spend money on. I felt this theme park had little to offer and absolutely no way to control crowds (at least Disney has a fast pass system). My family did more in 1 day at Epcot then we did in two days at Universal. I will never return! Spend your time and money at Sea World, Busch Gardens or a Disney Park.....it is worth the additional money.

16  Thank GreetingsfromNY
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Universal Studios is absolutely marvelous. My daughter and I went at the end of January and there was virtually no line ups. The service was excellent and the hosts extremely friendly. While I thoroughly enjoyed the movie rides, particularly the Mummy, I have to say the Dueling Dragons terrified me. My daughter was so enthusiastic with the roller coasters: Hulk, Dueling Dragons etc, she must have gone on them at least three times each. I could only handle once. I strongly recommend the Universal Orlando Tour in late January or February. I understand that in the summer time the line ups may be really long, but take your kids out of school in January, February for this one. The amount of learning would surpass anything they are doing in school for the two or three days you are at the park.

14  Thank daddyauld
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I took a much needed short vacation to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure and had an absolutely great time! I am 53 years old and I took my 82 year old mother ( who is normally very serious). I have never seen her laugh so much!! Although she is very fit for her age, walking for hours is a challenge for anyone. There was ample seating for resting, plenty of restrooms, beverage and food stations and very well informed employees. We were given clear information about intensity (or lack of) on all of the rides and attractions. There were great hotel and Florida Residents incentives. I just have to say, I will definitely go back!!

16  Thank Sunlover2