Tripadvisor

from $139.99
from $249.99
from $37.28
39,407 results
All reviews express pass islands of adventure harry potter simpsons ride diagon alley jimmy fallon both parks halloween horror nights rip ride rocket blues brothers love universal roller coaster theme park city walk hogwarts express park pass wait times
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2020

I was lucky enough to spend 2 1/2 days at Universal.
I was stunned at how expensive the tickets were but thanks to my amazement and enjoyment of the two Harry Potter sections of the park (and I'm not even a huge fan) I'd have to say it was $ well spent.
I'd recommend a half-day all park ticket if you can visit during the week but NOT on a holiday or school break time. If you have a whole day to spend and are more than a party of two, be there when the park opens and go for the express upgrade. You can easily do all three park sections very well with express and an entire day. Enjoy!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank navilluSJP
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello!
I am so glad you had such a great time at Universal Studios Florida! I hope you got to experience one of my favorite attractions, MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave candid feedback about pricing in our parks. We strive to provide our Guests with a superior entertainment experience at prices that are competitive with similar attractions in the area. I will make sure to send this to the proper teams. I suggest taking a look at the Deal and Discounts Page on Universal Orlando Website for all discounts on park offerings. thank you for providing suggestions to future Guests and I hope to see you soon!
-Aliya

Reviewed January 23, 2020

Okay, if you have kids that just have to see the Harry Potter theme parks (half in Universal Studios and half in Universal Adventure Land - so you have to buy a 2-park pass), then I guess you have to bit the bullet. But for me, it was WAY overpriced for the value of entertainment. I wanted to ride the Hogwarts coaster, but was not prepared to wait 90 min - and that was in off season! Overpriced merchandise everywhere. $50 for a wand? I wanted to mail ONE post card. I would have had to buy a package of cards and a package of stamps - $30. Jimmy Fallon's Race Through New York was a blast. But, if I could do it all over again, - I wouldn't.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank Montague52

Hello!
I am so glad you had such a great time at Universal Studios Florida! I hope you got to experience one of my favorite attractions, MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave candid feedback about pricing in our parks. We strive to provide our Guests with a superior entertainment experience at prices that are competitive with similar attractions in the area. I will make sure to send this to the proper teams. I suggest taking a look at the Deal and Discounts Page on Universal Orlando Website for all discounts on park offerings. If you wish to provide further feedback or give any more suggestions, feel free to contact (407) 224-4233 Option 4 or email us over at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. I look forward to welcoming you back for many more years to come!
-Aliya

Reviewed January 23, 2020 via mobile

Fun as always. This was the first time using the express pass to cut the line. We will never go back to waiting more than 20 minutes for a ride.

Date of experience: January 2020
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2020

Hello,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you had a fun visit to our park! Universal Express Passes are a great way to enhance your overall day in our park by providing shorter wait times at participating attractions. We can't wait for your next visit!
-Brianna

Reviewed January 23, 2020 via mobile

We love Universal Studios and Islands of adventure over Disney but we will not return to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
The family is going to be in Orlando for an upcoming weekend and have a day or two free. We looked at the costs of a 1 day ticket for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure vs Disney park hoppers. It’s February so the water parks are off the agenda. We visited both parks last summer so we know what there is in both Universal and Disney.
We counted the rides we were able to get on in our average one day vs ticket costs for each park. We did not add in any taxes, food, drink, parking or souvenir costs. Universal Studios and Islands of adventure worked out to around 30.00 a ride. Disney worked out to around 12.00 a ride. Both are very expensive but clearly Disney wins out and has more places to visit and see for less money.
We were going/wanted to go to Universal and Islands of Adventure but this changes our minds completely. Guess who is now paying for all the overbuilt Harry Potter rides? Having rode them this summer I can say they or any ride there is just not worth 30 bucks a ride. I am sure the prices “improve” if you stay longer but do they? Longer stays result in more money spent with less to do then in the bigger Disney. So it’s really not a deal. I am not a huge fan of Disney either, so please don’t think I am. It’s just dollars and sense.
Hey go to each place, have loads of fun and then afterwards do your own cost analysis. WHOEVER the looser is, dump them off your next trip to Orlando, sending them a clear message!

Date of experience: February 2019
3  Thank xoxoxo2093

Hello,
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the prices and attraction offerings at our park. We strive to offer a variety of attractions and experiences and to provide an exceptional experience at a great value. I apologize for any disappointment. I will make sure your feedback is documented and shared with the proper leadership teams. If you would like to provide further feedback, please contact our Guest Services Team at (407) 224-4233, option 4 or via email at GuestServices@universalorlando.com. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
-Brianna

Reviewed January 22, 2020

There are 2 parks at Universal plus a water park. We skipped the water park (Volcano Bay) and went to Islands of Adventure and Universal (original). This was our second visit in three years. Universal, the original is more for those who want the "movie" experience. They have mostly 3D "rides" and the Harry Potter Escape from Gringotts (used to be located in the other park). The Hogwarts Express also runs through the park (but you have to have a 2 park ticket to ride the train). Be forewarned! On this side of the park, go early!! It's not as popular as the other park and even though we were there during the Christmas holidays, it was almost empty at 9:00 in the morning. But it gets really crowded later with minimum wait times of 100 minutes or longer. Fast passes probably would be helpful here, but we didn't want to pay the extra $70 - 90 p.p. We ended up going on many of the rides in this park. I think this is down to the (old-fashioned) rides not being able to accommodate the sheer volume of visitors at a brisk pace like the rides in the other park. Diagon Ally is incredibly crowded. They've done a superior job in replicating the town center, unfortunately, that kind of layout doesn't bode well for a mob of enthusiasts. On the bright side, the Gringotts ride was worth the 90 minute wait. We went there first thing, later it was a 205 minute wait! The food at the Leaky Cauldron was really good. The Islands of Adventure is geared towards the thrill seekers. Great rides and short(er) wait times. Hagrids motorbike ride is by far the best themed ride in the park. Buyer beware, as you might guess, gift shop prices are ridiculously expensive. It was a fun, but exhausting 2 days.

Date of experience: December 2019
3  Thank spcmal
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am happy to see you enjoyed your visit with us and were able to enjoy the attractions in a decent amount of time. While we are proud of the popularity of our resort; we would never place this popularity above the enjoyment of our Guests. I am glad you were able to enjoy our newest attraction at Islands of Adventure; it is such a thrill. I appreciate our candid feedback regarding our pricing and I hope you will come to visit us again soon!

-Joyce