“Halloween Horror Nights is expensive and not that scary”

Universal Studios Florida
Ranked #9 of 459 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Sorry, maybe it's just me; at nearly $250 per person with the Fast Pass, the tickets, the small amount of food and drink, I was expecting to be really scared. The monsters are pretty cool and the attention to detail in the costuming is impressive. This is great for teenagers, but I was expecting my heart to race with excitement of being scared and the only heart racing I got was when the money was flying out of my wallet. Dean Myerow, Fort Lauderdale.

2  Thank dean m
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Hi Dean,
I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy Halloween Horror Nights. I would like to turn you negative impression of our event around. Please call Guest Services at 407-224-4233, option 4, or send an email to GuestServices@UniversalOrlando.com so we can hear more about your experience and assist you further. Thank you for your honest feedback.
-Tori

Write a ReviewReviews (34,277)
All reviews
in 803 reviews
"park pass"
in 569 reviews

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I LOVE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS.

Having been on every ride and every simulator numerous times I will never get tired. From Simpsons Land to Rip Ride Rocket or Harry Potter to Shrek no one does it like Universal.

Moes Diner in Simpson Land is a great place to eat and always amazes me how speedy they are. Do not be put off by big queues as they go down very quick and also servers find you a table, this worlds tremendously as no one is just say there waiting and I have never seen a dirty table or anyone stood with food unable to sit.

Universal Group do a fab job with the refil cups $14 to buy and then $5 per day unlimited refil. They has chips now in the base of the cups and refil stations so reducing a lot of the queues. Can' wait for Fast and Furious next year

Hi Tracie and Steve,
I am so delighted to read that you enjoyed your time in Universal Studios Florida. I am especially happy to hear that you were able to experience all of the attractions that the park has to offer. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We visited this place 4 times I wud of went everyday I really loved this place it's fantastic. It has something for everyone, I was like a child in a toy shop.

Hi Antoinette,
It brings a smile to my face to hear that you enjoyed your time in our park. It is always nice to receive feedback like yours. Thank you for your review, and I hope we get the chance to see you soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We got a 14 day pass and visited three times since being in Orlando.

The wait times have never been long - the max we’ve waited for any of the rides is 45mins. The best and scariest ride by far is the Rocket Rollercoaster, the vertical climb is super scary. The Harry Potter ride is also amazing. MIB is super fun!

Lockers are free for the rides as long as you don’t go over the free time limit.

We also did Halloween Horror Nights 27, we got express passes $95 each (ouch!) but well worth skipping the massive queues. HHN is amazing, the scare zones and houses are the best. Just kinda pricy to do the express passes.

Hello James,
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Universal Studios Florida and Halloween Horror Nights. Be sure to come back and see us again!
-Michael

See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Early closing end September for Halloween makes this experience really expensive. long waiting times for rides with misleading wait times. 1 hour turned out to be nearly three. With 5 o'clock closing this was a real problem. Only able to do 3 rides. 234 usd for two people not good d value for a repeat visit. Seems all rides geared for fast track at significant extra price. Food prices crazy no competition. Think twice lots of other things to do that are equally or more enjoyable for less money. Parking now 20 usd yes 20 usd. Why, all part of the same attraction.

1  Thank jane11292017

Hello Jane,
I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience recently at Universal Studios Florida. Our intention is to provide our Guests a vacation experience like no other, and it seems we missed the mark. I’d appreciate it if you could call 407-224-4233 option 4, or email GuestServices@UniversalOrlando.com so we can discuss what happened in greater detail and see if we can turn this around. Thank you for your review. I look forward to hearing from you.
-Michael