“Loved this Park”

Ranked #8 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This park, along with Islands of Adventure, were for us, the best and most varied parks to visit. However we like thrill rides! Rip Ride Rocket was an experience - I did it once (and never again) but my husband and 10 year old daughter went on it about 15 times! Minion Mayhem is an absolute must (desire the queues - even with the Express pass). Shrek 4D was fun, as was Transformers (although Spiderman - which is similar - was better). Revenge of the Mummy, the Simpsons Ride and ET adventure were also good. Highlight however was watching the Mardigras Parade followed by Kool and the Gang performing live in front of the Rip Ride Rocket - fabulous!

3  Thank Jane B
Write a ReviewReviews (30,782)

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am not much for rides, but this was a pretty good place for me to go. I liked the interactive simulations from movies. The layout is great to get to a lot of things fast; especially if you get the express pass. I cannot pick out any one venue over another. I needed more time, but the ones I went to are all good. I must admit that I road the roller coaster. Never again!! you will know what I mean when you see it. We road the free boat shuttle from the Hard Rock Hotel to the Universal entrance. It was great to be able to park at the hotel and not have to move our car.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Absolutely love this park. Spotlessly clean, fun ,fun,fun. Personally not a fan of fast roller coasters but loads and loads to do and see. Shrek theatre was a fun experience and we loved the 3d rides. Food armbands and drinks are definitely worth purchasing.

1  Thank MyHoliday2015
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a better set up, and more spacious than Islands of Adventure. Some good roller coaster rides... but a few very dated rides, too. Twister? I had forgotten what Helen Hunt looked like until I was on this ride. They're showing clips from 20 years ago! Despicable Me was 3 hours of waiting, so we never got into that ride. Shrek was clever, though something was broken, so there was a long wait. Dr. Suess train was for little kids, but there was a long wait for that because something was broken. Sensing a theme? Everyone is rushing to get to Harry Potter over at Islands of Adventure, so this park is much easier to get around (and it's bigger), but I maintain that there is no reason for Universal to have 2 parks. Soon Harry Potter will be in both parks, so the crowds will be more evenly dispersed, but be prepared to pay the up charge on the park to park pass. We didn't pay the $100 extra per person per day fee for the Express Pass, so we were subjected to the class warfare that came with waiting in the lines (kidding). It was fine, especially if you have children old enough to ride the big rides as single riders, because that saves a lot of time.

2  Thank SanDar1972
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I went to Universal Studios on Apr. 24th. We had gone to Islands of Adventure 2 days before, which I, personally enjoyed more. I found out that I get motion sickness on the 3D rides - sucks to be me, since Universal Studios rides are 90% 3D rides! Rock-It roller coaster was cool from the front seat. The Mummy was great because you had no idea where you were going to go. The food, snacks, and drinks were expensive like all theme parks. It was an enjoyable day out. Feet hurt, tired, hot (no water rides). Go to the animal show! It was great.