“Fun, except for all the 3D”

Universal Studios Florida
Ranked #8 of 444 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I went to Universal Studios on Apr. 24th. We had gone to Islands of Adventure 2 days before, which I, personally enjoyed more. I found out that I get motion sickness on the 3D rides - sucks to be me, since Universal Studios rides are 90% 3D rides! Rock-It roller coaster was cool from the front seat. The Mummy was great because you had no idea where you were going to go. The food, snacks, and drinks were expensive like all theme parks. It was an enjoyable day out. Feet hurt, tired, hot (no water rides). Go to the animal show! It was great.

Write a ReviewReviews (32,415)
All reviews
in 761 reviews
"park pass"
in 548 reviews

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I had lots of fun here. The Express Pass is worth the cost. My family could do more in less time because of them.

The tribute show was very entertaining. It was pretty cool how they used water as a projector screen.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This place is just so much fun, there is so many rides and shows. I have nothing bad to say about it. With any theme park you want the lines to be shorter and a closer parking spot. But this place is simply pure fun, great place for kids or adults.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We love Universal Studios. It is definitely worth staying at a Universal hotel to get the express pass. You can easily ride every thing in the park in one day, and return to your favorites multiple times with the express pass. I prefer the express pass to Disney's Fast Pass system so much, In fact, my family doesn't even want to go to Disney anymore after experiencing the Express pass difference.

1  Thank JakenSydsmom
See more reviews
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We visited the Universal Studios side of the two parks the day after we did Islands of Adventures. We enjoyed this side more as it seemed to have something for everyone (there was a 12 year old, 35 year old, 39 year old, and a 70 year old in our group). There were less people around which made moving throughout the park easier. Favorites of my family were the Simpsons area, Transformers area and ride, and the I love Lucy Tribute.