“Express Pass ruins experience for the rest of us.”

Universal Studios Florida
Ranked #7 of 438 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just got back from a visit to Orlando, including a day each in Island of Adventures and Universal Studios. Since the last time I visited, they've installed an express pass. I understand they are trying to offer an upgrade experience for people that want to pay an EXTRA $70 on an already overpriced ticket. While I imagine this is great for those that buy it, for those of us that didn't, it is not neutral - it hurts our experience. It was frustrating to stand with my sons and watch the express pass people cut in front of us. There wait time shortened, but ours increased. On an otherwise splendid day, I was basically forced to tell my boys "I'm sorry we're poor." I much preferred the Disney system of the "fast passes" that was an equal opportunity for everyone in the park to cut in line for the rides they most wanted. Honestly, I'd prefer that Universal raise the price but make it an equal experience for everyone in the park. After investing $1,000 in entrance and food, the Express Pass leads me to rate this low.

12  Thank ThunderRolls2
Deni C, Social Media Coordinator at Universal Studios Florida, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

We appreciate your feedback. We constantly seek ways to enhance the experience of our guests and offer Express Passes at prices that were carefully determined based on the quality of the experience in our parks. While we understand all of our diverse ticket offerings will not work for every family or serve all budgets, we attempt to provide options that appeal to most of our guests. We constantly review all guest feedback so that we can enhance your experience at our resort.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

There are some amazing rides here. The Despicable Me attraction is a "virtual roller coaster" which feels just like a real one. The seats move and tilt like you are going up and down and around the curves. The Shrek attraction is more stationary but has other "special effects that make you feel like you are in the story. There are a variety of dining choices and of course shopping opportunities. Kids, both big and small will enjoy these 2 parks.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This park was definitely awesome. My family enjoyed the adventure and thrill. There was a variety of activities for every age group and the experience was breath taking. Recommendations include arriving early and purchasing the fast pass for easy access to all rides.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

if you like fast roller coasters this is for you and 4d movies you name it its here you will spend all day in one park there is lots to do and see food great staff helpfull place for the big kids to have fun as well.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We liked this park. My kids were 15 & 18 at the time and had fun. We are huge Harry Potter fans so that experience was worth the cost of admission. I'm not sure if the Transformer ride is at this park or IA but that ride is AWESOME!!