“Not a full day but still worth it”

Universal Studios Florida
Ranked #7 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Visited late Aug with my teenage son. He is a coaster fan so wanted to do Rip Ride Rockit first but thankfully was not working ... yet ... so went to do Revenge of the Mummy as supposed to draw big queues. Fairly tame ride but good special effects that might be a bit too much for the little ones.

The Simpsons was a good simulator ride but probably put in the shade by Transformers (opt for the single rider queue if you can) ... one lad had only came to the park for this ride and was already onto his 5th go!! Did Men in Black early morning too where you shoot the baddies with your laser gun from your moving car ... once was enough for me ... maybe for little ones. Shrek 4-D was entertaining with some good special effects ... especially when Donkey sneezes ... yuk!!

Kept my eye on the planner as wanted to see the Blues Brothers and great to see them arrive in the Bluesmobile. Fairly short show but they knock out some well known numbers and creates a great atmosphere. Disaster! was a good show where you need a few willing victims from the audience to make the humour work ... it also provides a good break from the heat.

Went to do Terminator 2 but this dumped out halfway through due to technical difficulties and we were all asked to leave with very little explanation. Not a problem as was a bit bored with it anyway. Twister was ok where you are placed in a room where a tornado hits ... you get only slightly wet.

Returned to do Rip Ride Rocket twice including a front seat ride with ZZ Top "gimme all your lovin" blasting out ... great buzz. You get to pick your own music with a choice of 6 tracks from 6 genres. High start and fast ride.

We found we had finished the park mid to late afternoon so went for a bite to eat at the Hardrock Cafe the made a start on the Islands of Adventure. Neither park is a full day in my view but you would struggle to do both in a single without a Fast Pass. I opted for two days without the fast pass and we were happy enough.

1  Thank CgMn

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We always have a great time at Universal Studios! The staff seems to keep the park up extremely well. We really enjoyed our day from the roller coaster to the kids rides. See you next year

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This parks Opened on June 7, 1990, the park's theme entertainment industry.

the location of universal amazing & in heart of Orlando i advice you stay between universal studios & sea world .

it top attraction in Orlando & worth visit , in spit of it crowded but you can play & enjoy in your day.
i can stay all the day in universal & enjoy in all my time.

the staff helpful , amazing rides & it good for children,teens & adults.

there are many amazing plays but in my opinion the best are:
1- The Simpsons Ride it 3D amazing ride
2- Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride spectacular ride
3-Twister...Ride it Out

every time i will visit Orlando i will visit Universal Studio s

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have fond memories of Universal Studios from two previous visits, and it will always be one of my favourite theme parks. As a kid, my favourite rides were the Back to the Future ride, and Jaws, both of which have now gone. The rides that are still there, as well as the newer ones, are all very good though. I loved The Simpsons simulator ride, and Men in Black is always fun. I also loved The Mummy roller coaster, and the newer music one was good too, although a little more intense! We watched an amazing animal show too, near ET, which is definitely worth catching if you can. I think that perhaps a few of the older rides could do with updating; Twister, for example, seemed a bit old hat now. There is some quite extensive building work going on, so will be interesting to see what is going to be opening next...

The way that Universal is themed and set out is brilliant, and I do think that one of the attractions of the park is just walking around and absorbing the atmosphere.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Maybe it's me, but I didn't enjoy this park. There is a limited number of decent attractions and some that are ancient and should be replaced, like the E.T. ride.
We enjoyed the "Disaster" ride, it was fun.
We didn't like being bombarded with loud rock music all the time and the fact that the park is full of junk-food stalls that by far outnumber the attractions. Maybe it's me, being European, but really I cannot understand how the only food on offer is fat-dripping, disgusting, unhealthy junk food and tons, I mean tons of sugar sold in every possible form and shape.

Please careful with roller-coaster: I just heard that there were two serious accidents on the roller coaster at the Studios, where people got stuck in the air for 3+ hours not really in a comfortable position and the following day it happened again. I would avoid it all together.

Tip: Get a single ticket to visit both Universal Studios as you can easily visit all attractions in one day.