“Was a Blast!”

Ranked #9 of 394 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hang on tight. Your heroes are about to burst through the screen and yank you into the story. You’re the star here and you’ll disappear into one jaw-dropping adventure after another. Dodge evil villains. Defend the earth. Face a fire-breathing dragon. Wander into animated worlds where characters you love are suddenly right beside you. Go beyond the screen, behind the scenes and jump into the action of your favorite films at the world’s premier movie and TV based theme park.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It has been awhile since I have been to Universal. A lot of the older rides are still there, Earthquake has been renamed to Disaster. Twister is still there, sadly the Back to the Future ride is gone and replaced with The Simpsons. Even Jaws is gone, with replacement of the Harry Potter expansion. As sad as it is, these changed have to be made to keep up to date with current things.
The new Simpsons area, with Moe's tavern, Krusty Burger, Kwik e Mart etc is really sweet. They are still working on it, you can see the Duff Brewery and another ride in the works behind the wall.
I am hoping they build a replica of the Simpson Home on Evergreen Terrace, where you can take a picture on the infamous brown couch in their living room and get a tour of all the rooms we have come to know over the last 25+ years.
The Transformers ride, sits almost in the center of the park, very large, grey building with a giant Prime on top. Really looks pretty cool, tho the 2 hour wait time detoured me from riding it.
Universal has a Speed Pass option that you pay for on top of your ticket price, was like 100$PP more and I was surprised to see how many people forked over the money for it.
We got the hopper option and after doing almost everything we wanted in Universal, we headed to Adventure Island. AI has a lot to offer and it seems you cannot do both parks in 1 day, unless perhaps you have the speed pass?
I will go back in a few years, and most probably take a day for each park.

1  Thank PFDSWolfman
Write a ReviewReviews (34,948)
All reviews
in 820 reviews
"park pass"
in 575 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Fabulous place to visit especially with older children (Disney can be very young orientated). Buy a 14 day unlimited ticket as you will want to visit again on your holiday and the price of this ticket isn`t much different to a 2 day one. My top tip would be go early (for them opening) and head directly to the ride you really want to go on to beat the queues, do the rides.....then take your time around the park taking photos etc. Enjoy :)

2  Thank SUNSHINE31967
Reviewed July 22, 2013

**Attention, don't listen to all these reviews talking about the Hulk, Spiderman, Wizarding World of Harry Potter and other attractions from Islands of Adventure. Those attractions are not on the Universal side so technically those reviews are invalid, get familiar with both parks and what they offer online with park map, anyway, I digress.

I personally enjoy Universal Studios a lot! This side has the more movie-esque feel to everything.(Obviously, I know) Other than Rip Ride Rock it, which is an awesome roller coaster experience, most of the attractions here are indoor in some way, whether they are indoor coasters, 3D simulation rides, or walk through attractions with patron interaction.

They are doing some updating here by adding the new Transformer's Ride and the Harry Potter Expansion (2014) will be where Jaws used to be in this park, so yes, Diagon Alley will actually be in Universal and the Hogwarts Express will connect the two parks, awesome!

This is less "thrilly" than the Islands of Adventure side, but I love almost all of these rides: Men In Black, the Simpsons, Rip Ride Rock It, The Mummy (one of my favorites) and so on. Get here early and stay all day. You only need one day to experience all Universal Studios has to offer!

1  Thank Blake P
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Family and I Had an Awesome time. All the rides were great, even the regular attractions. Some of the were interactive and involved patrons which are kids loved. (Disaster Studios) we loved all the Harry Potter ride. I recommend starting the day off by doing all the unpopular rides first and then finishing the night with the others because the waits are normally 1hr or more until the evening.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This time was my third visit to Universal Studios, and I give major kudos to the park. Many more new attractions were offered and gave a nice finishing touch to the park. However, I do miss the classics that were replaced - Back to the Future & Jaws. They were a part of my childhood when I visited the park, and I dearly miss them. The new additions are worthy of their replacements in my opinion.

Drinks and snacks are allowed in the park, so I highly recommend bringing them during your visit. Most of the food is way overpriced. I do recommend eating a meal at Krusty Burger near the Simpson's ride. Top-notch burgers and hot dogs with curly fries.

We rode every ride in the park, and Despicable Me was the longest wait. Transformer's came in second. Ride these two rides first or before the park closes to avoid long waits.

The park has something to offer for all ages, but it still leans more towards teens/adults. Islands of Adventure is a better alternative, in my opinion, for kids.

I can't wait to see how the two parks will be linked together for the Harry Potter World. I have high hopes for this park's future!

1  Thank Paige P