“slower pace to Disney parks”

Universal Studios Florida
Ranked #7 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My kids love it here as we can go on nearly all rides as a family .The summer night concerts on a Saturday night in June have a great line up.The two new rides are great TRANSFORMERS&Despicable Me Minion Mayhem. Plus the old ones like ET&Terminator 2: 3-D.we missed Jaws as taken away to make Harry potter bigger .There is alot of work going on at the mo around the park which is hard not to notice ! But we did't hear any noise coming from it . And the fireworks in the eve are lovely not as fantastic as Disneys but lovely never the less .For the price over disney this wins for us hands down as do both parks, city walk and seaworld ,Busch gardens etc and cheaper by £222 over disney 14 day ticket ,

1  Thank clareAmanda1969

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great for all the family. Despicable Me had the longest queue. We left this to the afternoon when the rain came and the queue was a bit shorter. Got the opportunity to ride the new Transformers ride twice ahead of its official opening on 20/6. It was great albeit the first time we had to queue 2 hours (due to it breaking down). Second time was better with only a 20 minute wait. Rip Ride Rocket, Revenge of the Mummy, the Blues Brothers Show, Beetlejuice show, The Simpsons, Terminator 2 were great. The Horror Makeup show was a nice surprise. Interesting and very funny! Brilliant. Spent 2 days here to get everything in though didn't see the parade either day as it was cancelled due to bad weather!! Try to do the outside rides in the morning before the rain comes in the afternoon.

1  Thank Jayne B
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Universal & islands of adventure used to be my favourite theme parks in florida. I have visited 12 times from the uk. I have just returned and I was very disappointed with my overall experience at these two parks. The rides are fantastic but I found that the fasttrack feature to now be chargeable of $80 a person as disgraceful. We are a family of 4 and on top of the cost of getting to florida and park entrance I found this additional cost to be a cheap way of making more money out of us. This changed the entire day as we were now forced to stand in long queues as we couldn't afford nor justify this extra cost. I found the day stressful and annoying and I comparison to Disney world where the fast track feature was free, we were unable to plan our day and make the most out of our time in the park. The staff in Universal I found to be uninterested and this was most notable trying to entire the park. We stood outside for 30minutes in a very disorganised queue that seemed to be more focused on ensuring that somebody hadn't bought a 2nd hand ticket then making he customer experience. One very disturbing moment was when my wide took my son to the baby centres. She left our son to get ask for a spoon as we had forgotten one that day which was in the next room. The interconnecting door closed behind my wife and locked our son in the room. My wife was unable to get back into the room to our son. My wife asked for a key and was informed they didn't have one. A supervisor was called and on her arrival was told by a member of staff that my wife had locked the key in the room. We had never been given a key!!!! Eventually they found a key and opened the door. Please be careful guys when using these facilities at the universal parks.

3  Thank Robbo4mcfc
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I got lucky with my timing of my visit here again, and was able to catch the opening of the Springfield restaurants for the new Simpsons themed area. Simpsons fans rejoice! Now you can eat at Krustyburger, or drink Duff, Duff Lite, or Duff Dry at Moe's Tavern, or have a smoking, er . . . Flamin' Moe drink, and more! Later on in the Fall, the rest of Springfield will be revealed with plenty of fun Simpsons landmarks and sight gags, plus an all new ride themed to Kang and Kodos. Transformers was in soft opening, and was able to catch that twice during my visit. LOVED IT! It's basically an updated version of Spiderman, without any cameos from Stan Lee. Despicable Me turned out be a cute fun ride for the whole family, and ends in a fun little dance party. The rest of the park is great, and only getting better as they're still in construction with Harry Potter's London area and the Gringott's coaster, which will open sometime 2014, I'm hoping in time for the summer season. Unfortunately prices have increased so this might result in me not visiting as often as I'd like, but I will make sure to return again hopefully soon.

1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at the both parks, because we only had 1 day we opted for an express pass for the rides, however the Harry Potter ride and the Transformer ride did not accept the express pass. We lined up for the Harry Potter ride for about 1 1/2 hours (3km line) the lines at the rides are something else they go forever, you turn the corner or get inside and you think your there but no you still have a lot of turns and twists at least 1km before you even look like getting to the gate. We are not in peak season would hate to be here then. The price we paid for the 1 day express pass was $450 USD for 2, before arriving at our Orlando destination we had a day stopover in LA where we did a tour of Universal Studios LA, the only thing they didn't have was a couple of rides the major one being the Harry Potter ride. However LA offered a train ride behind the studio scenes which as excellent. We only paid about $200 USD for both of us for the LA tour.
As we flew in from Australia if I had to choose again I would NOT of spent the extra money and time to go to the other side I would of stayed on the LA side.