“Tips and Tricks - Seaworld”
Review of SeaWorld Orlando

Ranked #10 of 422 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in wonder at SeaWorld® Orlando, where the aquatic world comes alive. Only here can you experience Orlando's new tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster, Mako, named for one of the ocean’s fastest known sharks. Then, see the world through the eyes of a penguin in the thrilling, chilling adventure of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin™, and laugh to the all-new Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High™ show. Here you can also climb aboard and ride the mighty Manta®, experience the power and grace of killer whales in the awe-inspiring Shamu® show One Ocean®, and share an epic voyage with sea turtles on the 3D 360 TurtleTrek®.
NW
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Tips and Tricks - Seaworld”
Reviewed March 28, 2009

I would highly recommend going in late march/early april. The flowers are in bloom and absolutely beautiful!

Tip: If you fly into town with young kids in tow... keep that huge plastic bag the airlines wrap your carseat or stroller in. It's just perfect to use either as a parka or to wrap backpack/goodies in so they don't get wet on the rides.

Peeves - Obviously the staff are low paid workers - not the brightest bunch in the crowd. I watched one guy try to manage the lines at the Atlantis ride and it was a joke. Boats went out half full, the lines were a mess - it was really very annoying and avoidable. However, once on the ride - it was a blast. I actually took my 3 1/2 yr old who is 43" tall and he had an awesome time! I was more freaked out than he was... in fact, my husband and i were scared to death and couldn't breathe during the first drop - he loved it! Kids...

We arrived at 10am - no lines, easy to get in. Went to the dolphin show first, that was great. The Pet show was good - amazing what they can get animals to do. Ate lunch at the healthy cafe - M on the map - $9 for a sandwich with pasta salad. Okay, the wrap was much better! The shamu show was packed, and really great, but i was worn out by then. Before you head down into the seats - there is a covered walkway to your right where you can walk to teh back of the tanks and see the whales swimming around. I'd recommend this - that was fun. But if you want a show - a really awesome show - sit in the middle of the arena in the lower area. SOOOO cool, I only wish I could have sat there. Next time. So we left a bit early - which was really smart. We headed over to the Atlantis ride and stood in line for probabaly 45 mintues (idiot employees) but once we got on the ride, it was super cool! I'm SO glad we got there when we did, because once we got off , the ride broke! Not to mention the line was extremely long by then. Hot dog.
We headed out of the park at 4:30 = what a long day. But when you pay $150 for three people - there was no way I was going home early.
Tip: If you have a SW Airlines rapid rewards card, you save $20 on up to four tickets. We saved $37 bucks!!!!

26 Thank the_couve

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“best park”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

we are a family of six, four children (ages4,7,9,11) and we so enjoyed sea world whilst on holiday in orlando recently. we stayed down the road at the residence inn, and loved every minute of our month long stay. at sea world you have cleanliness, politeness and plenty to do. no huge qeues, and plenty space to walk around. we dined with shamu (best food we had all holiday) which was great, saw all the shows, fed the dolphins, saw Kenny Rogers on Valentine's Day! had so much fun in the happy harbour, and peddled the flamingo pedal boats to much laughter, and had such a good time( we went 4 times in all!!) my eldest son was very teary saying goodbye to the park on the last day of our flexiticket. great place. happiest of memories. the magic kingdom should take notice of Sea World's clean toilets and review it's own method of cleanliness - with four kids it makes all the difference to your day.

10 Thank bethanPwllheli
Perth Australia
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Absolutely wonderful. Shows are so beautiful, worth the price”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We loved Sea World so much we went 4 times.

Not too many people (except on Thanksgiving Day) so that was great.

Kraken is a fabulous roller coaster, it is smooth and wonderful. The best one in Orlando by a long shot. They were still building their new flying coaster, MANTA, which looks awesome (shame we missed it)

We had lunch at the smokehouse and split the half chicken between us as it was enough! DELISH!

Clyde & Seymore (seal, walrus & otter) show is hilarious. They made so many mistakes that it added to the fun of it all. Corny jokes but still so funny, great innocent fun for the whole family. Winston the Walrus at the end of the show was doing stomach crunches (aka sit-ups) which was amazing to see. MOst people had left so we saw it and had a good giggle

Wild Arctic is great & so pretty. We went through were Santa was (didnt sit on his lap as too old) but he was in the North Pole and there were the Northern Lights which was gorgeous.

We paid to hand feed the dolphins which was nice (have swum with them before here in Australia). BUT better tha feeding the dolphins was feeding the stingrays....it was hilarious! I got soaked (due to some excited greedy little rays flapping about) and laughed so much. They are ugly little things but very endearing and funny, not scary like some people thought they were.

We went to the Shamu "enclosure" and saw 4 of them, including the baby who was entertaining the crowds with his hamminess. He was adorable, poking his tongue out at the glass (people thought he was poking his tongue at them BUT it was at his reflection in the glass). Great fun. Then in came the big fella who is HUGE!

We had to see Blue Horizons a few times each time we were there as it was magnificent. Beautiful music, gorgeous costumes, dolphins, pilot whales, birds....wow! What a spectacular.

Believe with Shamu is also beautiful, gives you such a warm feeling in your heart.

BUT even better than Blue Horizons & Believe was Shamu's Christmas Miracles.....oh my GOD! Brings a tear to your eye, it is soooooooooo beautiful! Makes me cry now thinking about it.

Stay late as you can to see the dancing fountains in the middle of the lake next to Shamu stadium, its a great way to end a fabulous day and also to avoid the hordes of people

The shows alone are well worth the trip to Orlando. We didnt want to go back to Orlando but we have to because of Sea World.

11 Thank jhoppy01
Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“More fun than Disney World”
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We went in August 2008 and had a blast! One of the best things they had (which they did not have at Disney World) was a one time fee of $25 that allowed you all-you-can-eat at like 6 restaurants. They give you a wristband, you go to one of the restaurants and you can get one appetizer, one main, one dessert and drink on each trip. Once you've eaten that, you can go back and do the same thing as often as you want all day. Or, you can just go in and get a drink, show your wristband to the cashier and leave. We spent more on one meal at a restaurant in EPCOT (we did pig out there) than we did all day at Sea World. Sea World is very clean, and the people are friendly. The Shamu show was pretty sappy/corny, but those whales are still amazing. You can't help but wish you could be a handler for a living.

4 Thank MikeM64
Lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brill”
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I have just got back from Orlando for the 9th time and I have been to Seaworld everytime I go to Orlando bacuse it is just amazing everytime I go. The park was spot loss of rubbish and the shows are really good the last time I saw the shamu show was 1999 and I cant belive how much the shows have improved they was good then but they are even better now. The shamu show is really good because of what is going on around the world now it really does send a message home that if you want to do somting you have to belive in it and it will come true. If you are thinking of goin to Orlando you have must go to seaworld, the animals are well keeped and the shows are really good. the couple of rides that they have are good thrill rides and you will get soaked on one off them as I have many of time and will go back time after time again.

3 Thank djalker