“Seaworld Excellent”

Ranked #12 of 437 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in wonder at SeaWorld® Orlando, where the aquatic world comes alive. Only here can you experience Orlando's new tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster, Mako, named for one of the ocean’s fastest known sharks. Then, see the world through the eyes of a penguin in the thrilling, chilling adventure of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin™, and laugh to the all-new Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High™ show. Here you can also climb aboard and ride the mighty Manta®, experience the power and grace of killer whales in the awe-inspiring Shamu® show One Ocean®, and share an epic voyage with sea turtles on the 3D 360 TurtleTrek®.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Beautiful, well maintained. Great slides and beach. Great great shows. Not as busy as Disney. Make sure to take advantage of the second day free.

3  Thank Walkaboutfar

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had not been to SeaWorld since I was a little girl and my husband had never been there before. We were both very happy with our visit. The shows were the best part. All of the shows had something different to offer and were very entertaining. Our favorite was the Pet Show. Make sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before the show starts (as described on the map) so you can get a decent seat. Some people get there an hour before, that's how good the shows are! We went in March and it was unusually cold and windy. The weather wasn't the best, but it was better to be there on a cold day rather than a hot day. Gift shop prices were reasonable. The food lines were very long and a bit pricy, but that is to be expected from a theme park. We had a great time and made some awesome newlywed memories!

2  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We spent three days at SeaWorld during spring break. The park was very crowded but still much better than any of the other area parks. The shows are all entertaining...don't miss Shamu, Clyde & Seemore or Pets Ahoy...the entire family will enjoy! There are a couple of roller coasters, a kids area and a couple of aquariums. We did the behind the scenes tour which is a personal 90 minute tour for an additional fee. On our third day we did the dolphin experience tour, which gets you up close and personal with the trainers and the dolphins. Both are very informative and fun. I would highly recommend if its in your budget.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

It's a experience that you would never forget. The shows are so well rehearsed and the whole family will be captivated. Shamu is a highlight as is the dolphin show but the sea lions are out of this world. Its not just the tricks its the whole performance. Its funny and engaging. We used a camcorder from youcapture to record our visit and we keep watching it back.

You have to go and then you will understand my enthusiasm. Its an absolute must!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Recently spent a day at SeaWorld Orlando, after spending 6 days at DisneyWorld. I have to admit that doing Disney first probably colored my opinion somewhat as we found Disney to be first rate, clean, well designed for the masses, and the attractions and show all done so well. Upon arriving at SeaWorld, we immediately noticed the difference in staff attitude from Disney - not too many smiling faces, some downright bored looking faces as they ushered us into various rides/attractions. Not everyone mind you, but absolutely enough to notice. Some of the attractions were clearly dirty - not the day's dirt, but just poor upkeep. Went on the helicoptor simulator ride and found it to be dirty, and very jarring. The dolphin show was entertaining, but more of an acrobatic show. The Shamu show was much different than in the past, although I understand this is due to new restrictions placed after the terrible accident there several years ago so there isn't much they can do about that. No interactions in or near the water with the trainers, mostly a movie in the background with a very loud sountrack and whales jumping and splashing the audience. If you are looking for the older type shows, forget about it. My daughter wanted to feed the dolphins, which cost $7.00. I had to pay as well, because she was too young to go in by herself. We got about 10 sardines total for $14.00. The price of admission is close to what they charge at Disney for a day at $90, and it is nowhere near the value. Not even in the ballpark. I wish we had saved our money and just headed home a day earlier. I would never return, or recommend to friends or family.

1  Thank beachlovinmom001