“I had a good time”

Ranked #10 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in wonder at SeaWorld® Orlando, where the aquatic world comes alive. Only here can you experience Orlando's new tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster, Mako, named for one of the ocean’s fastest known sharks. Then, see the world through the eyes of a penguin in the thrilling, chilling adventure of Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin™, and laugh to the all-new Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High™ show. Here you can also climb aboard and ride the mighty Manta®, experience the power and grace of killer whales in the awe-inspiring Shamu® show One Ocean®, and share an epic voyage with sea turtles on the 3D 360 TurtleTrek®.
Nassau, New Providence Island
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“I had a good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Seaworld was good, great way to kill time in Orlando. There was a variety of sea creatures. I went around 2 pm and stayed until closing so was able to go on all the rides. My favorite was the krakin the most exciting roller coaster there. The Manta was kinda boring. The best part was One Ocean. Those Killer whales were so optimistic overall a great show. Atlantis ride was good, my brothers went on it like 8 times.

• Arabic first
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“best coasters ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

The kids LOVED the 2 main roller coasters at SeaWorld. They ranked them in the top 10 ever. We travel and go to parks just for the coasters, this place will definitely be on the list again. Also, my 9-year-old really liked the Killer Whale shows (while the big kids were on the coasters).

Visited June 2011
PUNTA GORDA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good but not great family fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

SeaWorld offers a nice alternative to The Disney and Universal Parks. We live in SW FL and have visited all of the family destination amusement parks. SeaWorld is different becasue it is more about the shows than the rides. My children loved seeing the whales, seals, otters, dolphins, sharks, etc. We have visited twice and I think we have covered this park thoroughly. There are 5 or 6 shows and planning your visit around them will give you the best experience. The downside is that you may feel rushed, or even worse, like your on a schedule. After all, this is supposed to be a vacation or a break from Disney. We have 3 small children, and sitting through show after show can become as painful as a greek wedding. This is Florida and it can get very hot. SeaWorld is not one of the better parks for providing shade. Sun block, a hat, proper dress, and many cold drinks will help, but our whole family was uncomfortably hot after only 4 hours (and we live here). Canadians, Buckeyes, and Wolverines could melt. The experience left my wife and I feeling a bit guilty. Seeing this beautiful sea life (especially the whales and dolphins) in captivity can be disheartening.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank Churchill68
MD
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Still a great park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was surprised to see that people were disappointed with this park. My son and I go here for a great day that is far less hectic than the Disney and Universal parks. There is a good variety of things available to appeal to many people. The shows are terrific. By the way, the Clyde & Seamore night show is completely different than the daytime show. It is a very funny parody of all the daytime shows, and I highly recommend going to both the daytime and night-time shows. There is a great kids play area with a splash park. My kids have long since outgrown this section, but it still looks quite fun for those of appropriate age. For those who like thrill rides, they have those, too. I really like that there are so many great shows. It gives us a chance so slow our roll a bit while still enjoying great entertainment.

In addition to being such an enjoyable park, it is also far more affordable than the Disney or Universal parks. The entrance fee is not only cheaper, but you can get a return day for free. The food is better and also cheaper than the other parks. You can also get a souvenir cup for $7 with 95 cent refills. We usually just bring a bottle of water and single bottle drink mixes, though. We refill the bottles at the water fountains (can be found by all the restrooms). The park doesn't have any problem with this. They also allow snacks to be brought in.

A few areas sell food for the animals for what I consider to be a bit expensive, but the animals are enjoyable to watch anyway. You can also touch the rays in the stingray area. They also have several sinks at each area that does this. There has always been plenty of soap and hand sanitizer at these stations. For those that can afford it, there are a lot of animal interaction programs as well.

My son and I have also been to this park in the winter. It was a bit different, and just as enjoyable. One thing of note is that the Wild Arctic ride (a movie simulation ride) is transformed into the Polar Express. Not only do they change the film, but the whole walkway is transformed. Even the room where the ride takes place is changed to look like the inside of the railroad car. It is very cute.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Bluemoon319
philadelphia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Really cool on a hot day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Being in Orlando in the summer and visiting several parks, Seaworld impressed me! The heat was tough for this northerner- yet lines for rides are air conditioned! Sprinklers and water fountains are easy to find. Stores are downright cold!
The animals, shows, rides and customer service are all just fine. But this park keeps the guest's comfort in mind- very appreciated in July!