“Nice change of pace from typical bustle of WDW”

Trail's End Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 3,849 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Trail’s End Restaurant: Simple, fun, country buffet. Yummy pecan rolls hot out of the oven. I wasn’t thrilled that the bathroom was literally TWO buildings over (outside!). We’d go again as a relaxing breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Trail's End Restaurant

Reviewed October 27, 2011

During a recent stay at Walt Disney World, I had dinner at Trail's End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness. The food is served beffet style. There were many items to choose from (the carved ham was excellent) and at a cost of $22.99 per adult very reasonable, considering the quality of food offered. I am not usually a fan of buffet servce but, the atmosphere of a wild west restaurant, the quality of the food and the price made up for the buffet service.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We did not have a great experience at this restaurant. First off, the wait was over 40 minutes despite an advance reservation. After that we got a table that was right by the staircase - drafty and right in the middle of all the traffic.
The server, although nice, seemed a bit "out of it". We were charged for my infant daughter (kids under 3 are free). My older daughter's birthday was not acknowledged at all. I made an effort to book online and give all the details and her name. I also mentioned it to the hostess and the server. Nothing. Very disappointing.
The food was not to my liking. It consisted of basic "Cracker Barrel" style food (with CB being a lot better) - basic salad bar, corn, grits, pasta, chicken (dry), ham (dry), cod (dry),etc. The desserts were ok - apple cobbler, bread pudding, and soft serve ice cream. If you are on a dining plan, you might want to give it a try, otherwise, try someplace else.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

typical buffet with ribs, chicken, roast beef, salmon. salad bar. dessert bar. all smaller than you'd expect from a disney restaurant.

not bad. but not outstanding.

it's an easy meal if you're already on site.

we enjoy it for the convenience. but probably i wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We have dined at Trails end many times. they have traded the new york strip for over cooked beef brisket, Fried chicken is much smaller pieces than it use to be, It is clear that Disney is cutting quality to cut costs. You do not have to worry about reservations any longer, as for you can walk right up and get seated almost anytime.