“Good introduction to Japanese cuisine”
Review of Tokyo Dining

Tokyo Dining
Ranked #293 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Service very good. One of our party had gallstones and needed a low fat meal. Manager came to table and couldn't have been more helpful. Food very good served in little wooden boxes with small compartments each holding a little dish. Had hot saki which to be honest I found disgusting but it is down to taste. Disney food usually over priced but felt attention to detail with food provided good value on this occasion. A great contrast to usual mammoth portions at most US restaurants.

1  Thank mahargeverton

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Okay seriously, I don't know what more I can say about this Disney Dining Experience! It was DELICIOUS, and as a couple who regularly treats ourselves to Japanese Hibachi style dining back home in Buffalo, we loved every second of this meal, from the authentically dressed Japanese Ambassadors representing their own country, to the FRIED TOFU that we had been afraid to try when it first came out as a compliment to our main dish, but quickly found that dipped in Teriyaki Sauce it was surprisingly delicious.
A little pricy at around $30 a plate, but everything in Disney is, and our Romantic evening in Epcot's Tokyo was worth every penny! I had the Teriyaki Chicken (and would 1000000% want to get it again sometime, and my boyfriend had some kind of steak dish that he also loved).
I had made a reservation for July 3rd asking what time would be best to dine so we could watch Epcot's Illuminations show from our dinner table. The girl taking our reservation booked us for 7:30 even though the show didn't start until nine, but told us that due to the fourth of july week being peak vacation time we would still be dining by the time the show started...... We arrived around 7:25 and had a 15 minute wait for our table, (I requested a window seat for the best view but they were not able to accommodate this for us and I was concerned we wouldn't be able to see the fireworks when they started.......) Much to our surprise our food came FAST and we were done eating with the bill paid by 8:15. We had time to walk around the store downstairs and still get a prime outside viewing spot along the water for Illuminations. Score! (:

Food, Wait Time, and Service = A+++
I was a little disappointed they weren't able to get us in a window seat, but ultimately it didn't matter anyway because we weren't still dining when the show started, and the spot we ended up snagging because our dinner was quick was better than any of the window seats could have offered anyway.

1  Thank Danielle D
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were politely greeted and ushered quickly to our table. Service was efficient. The view is very pretty. I ordered a medium cooked filet mignon and received a very well done filet mignon. We had to flag down a waitress to indicate the problem. After my family was already half done eating their meals, a new filet mignon was brought to me. This time it was a little too rare. The manager repeatedly apologized. However, when I told him it was my first time eating in a Japanese restaurant he informed me that I shouldn't order steak. Interesting, as it was the most expensive item on their menu. The rest of my family was happy with their meals. So don't go to this restaurant and plan to eat steak unless you like it very well done or rare. Manager did not charge us for my meal.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate at Tokyo Dining at Epcot. We made reservations, but waited only a few minutes. The staff were all friendly and quite efficient. We each ordered meals served in a "Bento Box" that contained several different items. Everything was great and the service was excellent. It was a little expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

On our family's recent visit to Epcot at Walt Disney World we decided to try Tokyo Dining in the Japanese pavilion. While the children enjoyed the fact that their meal was served to them in a monorail car plate the excitement stopped there. We chose to eat there for lunch and the bill was around $100 for the four of us. We ordered a tempura appetizer but were given Edemame instead. These were served ice cold and without salt. I am used to slightly steamed and salted. It was as if they were pulled from a freezer and thrown on our plate. Not good and of course not what we ordered. We let it slide though because clearly the sweet Japanese server could not understand us nor could we really understand her. She had clearly memorized a script to present to customers. The main dishes were just okay also. I have had much better Japanese food in our home town. After dining we realized there was another restaurant attached to the one we ate in. That one had hibachi tables and the chefs were cooking in front of people. We wished we had gone to that restaurant and not the one we were at. The food was not worthy of the price.