“Great sushi, great service, great meal-plan value”
Review of Tokyo Dining

Tokyo Dining
Ranked #277 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were able to get a same day reservation for 6. We had to wait a bit but once seated the staff was great, making easy to use chopsticks for the kids. The sushi plate was enormous. Everything was delicious and it's a great value on the Disney meal plan as it only counts as one meal. Kids meals weren't typical but they enjoyed the teriyaki chicken. Will definitely return.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I wouldn't really expect less, but the sushi here was great. The wait staff was wonderful as well. They were very attentive. The restaurant itself was a little loud and not exactly comfortable, but who really cares when the food is great. We were well positioned to pop out of Tokyo Dining and land right at some of the best viewing sites for Illuminations as Epcot closed for the evening. I didn't realize they also had teppanyaki here or I would have made reservations for that--it smelled great! We did this restaurant at the end of a day of drinking around the world and went with the large hot sake between the two of us--we could have probably gotten the small, but it was pretty good sake as well.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I decided to go to Tokyo in Epcot for my birthday dinner. We made reservations that morning with no problems. Tokyo is located on the second floor of the main building in Epcot's Japan. There are a few tables that are against the window, which ended up being great seats for Illuminations. When we arrived we asked if it was a possibility to get a window seat. They said they would put down the request, but couldn't guarantee. We waited for approx 15 min for the table and it ended up being a window table. Dinner was awesome! I had the sushi and my wife had one of the bento style boxes. The service was awesome, they perfectly spaced everything out so we could watch the Illuminations from our seats. All in all a great trip. Not sure how bad the prices are because we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. An appetizer, entree, dessert, and non alcoholic drink was only 1 table meal point.

1  Thank Jason P
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This atmospheric restaurant was surprisingly good. The staff were exceptional, polite and very attentive. The food was of very good quality and very tasty and was well presented. The kids meal was presented in a 'bullet train' and was one of the better kids meals available anywhere at Disney (far better than the usual of chicken nuggets or mac 'n' cheese). Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I suppose I had expected more...Considering it's a very expensive meal. After all, I did make reservation in advance and made it to the restaurant on-time running thru EPCOT with my husband, 2 relatives and 2 kids. First of all, the seating took forever because the hostess was very confused. The food was just okay and the service was unusually slow( more servers in training I think...). On top of all that, the rice in the sushi roll was cold. We unfortunately ordered 4 rolls...can you see me rolling my eye! The bento box wasn't all that exciting either. The tempura was overcooked( it gets hard to chew). I hate to say this...it wasn't just the food/service, but the place looks poorly managed overall. I think we would've been better off going to the Japanese fast food counter next door...faster, more tasty and cheaper.