“Not great”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We've eaten here on two different trips -- the first time -- it was a great experience -- food, service, etc... last night, however, we waited nearly 30 minutes even WITH reservations and then were rushed through our entire $150 meal. Not worth the $$ last night. The food was still good. It is WAY overpriced, but that's Disney for you!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Not to my surprise this restaurant is sorely overpriced for what it is, BUT it is a Disney restaurant so nothing new there. Ninety bucks for a lunch after tip. Holy cow it hurts my pocket book. It's in Epcot in the Japan section. Nice inside. It looks like a typical nice Japanese place. We all got one of the lunch 'specials' and also got a spicy Philadelphia roll. Now I will say, the quality of everything was excellent. Even the eel in my bowl was good, and I don't usually find eel prepared any way that I like. My son got a bento box. He wasn't a fan but I tasted it and all of it was good. Chicken cutlet, miso soup, salmon paste type thing, beef, 4 pieces of a Cali. roll. Mine, and I can't remember the name of it, ( the #1 on the lunch specials and in a bowl) was really good. It had a base of rice (which was awesome, a little sweet, jasmine rice maybe ?) and the beautifully arranged on top was omlete, salmon, tuna, eel.... My husband got the beef lunch special. It was also very good. No overwhelming flavors. Everything was just right. The ice creme at the end was a bit sweet and gritty, like too high of a water concentration in the milk through the ice creme maker. Overall it was okay. No matter how I try I just cannot get use to the prices of the sit down meals at Disney. I know what to expect and am still flabbergasted. We've tried it once so we probably wouldn't go back. Not because it was bad, but just because we've had it and it's not spectacularly special enough to go back.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We made our reservation in the morning, and had dinner there in the evening. Service is impeccable, with traditionally dressed young Japanese women in kimono who seat you and take your order. We had a grilled salmon roll, a rainbow roll, a spicy tuna roll, and an eel roll. We drank green tea, and finished with green tea ice cream. Everything was absolutely delicious. The bill, including the prominently suggested 18% tip, came to $80.00 for the two of us. Highly recommended, especially if you can get a window seat, with a view of the lake.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Dining at Disney can be challenging. Advanced reservations are recommended. Even with reservations, there can be a wait for a table. Once seated, we really enjoyed our meal. The waitress was difficult to understand, but very friendly and patient. We just had sushi and appetizers, so that kept the cost relatively low for Disney. The quality of the sushi was as good as I have ever had, and the price was similar to other high-end sushi restaurants.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I guess it's the disney...Price was way too expensive for the meal we can pay half as much outside....but food quality and service was good