“AWESOME SERVICE and Illuminations for dinner”
Review of Tokyo Dining

Tokyo Dining
Ranked #301 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The food is typical Japenese sushi and other japanese cuisine. The waitresses and staff are so nice and caring once they get you seated. Can be a wait so be prepared to wait 15-20 minutes for a table. They are happy to speak about where in Japan they are from, even showing their own pictures from their town. It is some of the best service I've ever seen anywhere. Get a window table to be around at 9 PM for the Illuminations show. Walk out to the balcony if you don't get a window seat.

There are newer reviews for Tokyo Dining

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We visited Tokyo Dining on a Sunday night without a reservation and were quickly seated. In the less than five minutes we waited, the hostess made origami cranes for us. We were a group of 4 friends and ordered sake, tempura chicken, which was excellent, and a variety of sushi, including a Dynamite Roll, Rainbow Roll, and Volcano Roll. The sushi was great and everything fresh. Service was friendly and prompt. I enjoyed the atmosphere and theming of the restaurant as it felt like something that could actually be in Tokyo. I'll gladly return if I get a craving for sushi while visiting Epcot.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Like all Disney Restaurants, they are supposed to be able to manage food allergies. However, this restaurant is affiliated with Disney but not owned by Disney. The manager when we were there was not properly trained or was an idiot. We stated on our reservation, to the server and to the manager the food allergies we were managing. The dish we ordered for our son was to be prepared without mayonnaise because he has an egg allergy. The manager did not instruct that the food be prepared in a clean environment and it was cross-contaminated. He also did not identify the egg that was in the meals served to my husband and I about which we specifically asked. As a result my son had a severe reaction and was taken from the restaurant by ambulance. My son has multiple food allergies and has eaten safely at many different restaurants at Disney. But the difference seems to be in if Disney actually owns it and does the chef/staff training. Do NOT eat here if you have a food allergy!!!!!!!!!!

3  Thank TravelNeed68
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I were celebrating our third anniversary (and we got buttons from guest services that cast members all over the park comment on) and there was no line, we waited about two minutes so they could finish clearing a table by the window overlooking the world showcase with Spaceship Earth in the distance.

Every hostess and waitress were accommodating and polite and we were asked about any allergies, which was nice.

I had the deluxe Umi sushi plate, priced in the mid 20s that gives you a large plate with tons of sushi and nigiri. It was worth the value. My boyfriend had tempura shrimp and scallops which also came with a noodle salad akin to potato salad and a small green salad made of cucumbers. He was wary of the sides but enjoyed the main part, especially with the sauce that came with it.

After coming over with our check and saying no to ordering anything else, our waitress came over to our table with a small piece of cake and a lit candle in the middle saying that it was on the house for our anniversary! How sweet! We were very full, so we couldn't finish it all, but it was AMAZING.

Definitely give this place a visit!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a little gem that is hidden away in Epcot's Japan. Teppen Edo next door seems to get all the attention and guests, but this place was amazing. We had a wonderful view of the lagoon from our window side table, and had the reservation been a bit later we could have watched Illuminations. We ordered sushi and entrees and we loved everything! The service was great and very friendly. We will be back!