“It was funny.”

Outta Control Dinner Show, Orlando
Ranked #8 of 159 Nightlife in Orlando
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show combines a mixture of high-energy comedy improvisation with spectacular magic and audience participation to thoroughly entertain all ages. Visitors to the show will be served unlimited hand-tossed pizza, salad, dessert, beer, wine and soft drinks. Shows are presented nightly at 6:00 and 8:00 pm. The show is totally awesome. It is the best dinner show in town!
Reviewed June 28, 2009

The magician was funny. It's a good clean show. Good for any age. The price was good. The pizza was okay, but not great. The servers were fast and did a great job bringing the food and drinks to the table.

2  Thank Lee Ann H
in 130 reviews
"rook"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed June 23, 2009

We have 6 children and 5 of them are teenage boys. We attended the Outta Control Dinner Show with Tony Brent. Here are the high and lowlights for brevity.

Timing- they want you to arrive at least a 1/2 hour early but I don't know why. We just stood in a line for 40 minutes until they opened the doors about 5 mins before showtime. So, don't show up too early.

Seating- Seating was very good. I didn't see anyone that had a bad view of the stage. It's a small forum, about 70-80 people.

Food- The pizza was 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 cheese. It wasn't the best. I love any kind of pizza so I really didn't care, but I would put it at Little Cesar's level, slightly lower than Domino's. The salad was an iceberg lettuce mix, the type you would find in a large bag in a grocery store. I wasn't fond of the dressing though. It was a creamy Italian which is normally edible, but they watered it down. It was looked like I was squirting milk on my lettuce and the water greatly diluted the flavor. They had unlimited sodas, beer and wine also..My wife had the red wine but thought it was horrible. For dessert, they give you a yellow cake with hard white frosting. I hadn't seen that type of cake since grade school cafeterias. But, apparently they serve it at Wonder Works.

Show- The show was very funny and clean. There was no bad language. It is a one man show, and any one man show can become a bit trying at times. However, that being said, Tony Brent did a good job. He used a lot of audience participation and was both funny and had great magic tricks. My 9 yr old daughter came and enjoyed most of it, but a lot of the jokes went over her head. But, kids over 15 should get most of the jokes. There were references to Scarface, Taxi Driver, and Bob Dylan. If you know what those things are, you will like the show.

Was it worth it? - If we go out to pizza, we spend about $10 a person. Any type of show is going to cost at least $15 a person. So, I was willing to spend about $25 each. This show was $23.50 each after you use the $1.50 coupon you can find at any tourist ticket location. It's in the yellow brochure that says, "WonderWorks". So, I thought it was worth it. My wife didn't because she expected more than just a one man show. But, my wife is hard to please anyway so take it for what it's worth. if you are looking for clean entertainment you can take your kids to for less than $25 each, you should check out the show.

3  Thank greglombardo
Reviewed June 17, 2009

It was really funny and safe for the whole family. Only thing I didn't like was that they took our picture when we went in then brought the printed picture to the table and handed it to us without saying anything. They then came back around and asked if we wanted to buy it for $8. We can take our own picture for free. And if they're going to print it off anyways, they should just give it to us instead of throwing it away.

2  Thank jesuslovingchik
Reviewed June 7, 2009

The food is all you can eat pizza,salad,and popcorn.The drinks are all you can drink and includes beer and wine!All of the food is good,the service is pretty fast,the staff is very friendly,and even though it was a full house there was room to get in and out for the restroom.The show itself was really great.The content was good for all ages.The show is a mix of comedy and magic,which is put together and pulled off very nicely.It is very interactive-lots of audience participation.my wife,my 8 year old daughter,and I went on 6/4/09 to the early(6:00PM) show and had an absolute blast. Tony Brent(the magician)was very entertaining.The comedy and magic are all top notch and he stayed for a few minutes after the show to sign autographs.If you are looking for a family friendly great time and great value you DO NOT want to miss this show.

2  Thank webeavis