“lovely long lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Berowra Waters Inn

Berowra Waters Inn
Reserve with
Berowra Waters Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“lovely long lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

4 of us had a great long lunch on Saturday June long weekend--
7 small courses--didn't match wines--but sommelier did great job.
Food excellent-- expensive--but experience terrific--

2 Thank trev0rsdad

london
“Don't just save Berowra Waters for special occasions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

It would be such a shame if people waited just for special occasions to visit Berowra Waters - of course it's out of this world special - but it's too good to be a once a year restaurant.

We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary there last week and it was such a memorable occasion. Naturally we opted for the seven course degustation menu, but for those with less time or smaller stomachs there is a four course option. We always choose matching wines with degustation meals as I love the sampling of multiple wines as much as I enjoy the variety in the dishes we eat. The sommelier excelled herself with meeting our expectations and exciting our tastebuds. It was very much a personalised journey, so we were never presented with a varietal or style of wine we didn't enjoy.

Brian's food is absolutely WORLD class. I enjoyed (and remembered) this meal more than any I've had in years. Every course was such a triumph of taste, technique and texture - it really was sublime.

I just wish we were seriously rich and could come back every week. I really would, and I can't say that about many of the top class restaurants we've visited. So many of them have left me a bit flat and not really yearning to return (Quay and Momofuku Seiobo spring to mind).

I was a bit apprehensive when I found out that Berowra had changed hands and waited a few months to see what others thought before we tried it. (had no intention of spending hundreds on a dud meal) Needn't have worried - have you seen how many excellent reviews Brian has had? I would heartily agree with every 5 star review he's received.

3 Thank Susansthermomixup
Sydney, Australia
“Sensational!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Going over to the restaurant on the private ferry added excitement to the night, however, it was the exceptional food and service that really made it for us. Our table of four ordered the seven course degustation with matching wines. Each course was exceptional! Certainly derserving of a two chefs hat rating and on par with the likes of Quay, Guilliaume, Tetsuyas, and Marque. The food was innovative, but most importantly it was absolutely delicious. A lot of thought has gone into the flavour and texture of each dish. The matching wines were fantastic. We went on a cold and rainy winters night and that didn't take away from our wonderful experience.

1 Thank Anne-Marie H
“40th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I had talked about visiting for some time so finally we made it to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Wow, what a fantastic experience. The Boatman met us as we walked down to the ferry. We were met at the door to the Restaurant by Robbie, smiling and incredibly welcoming. He explained menu and wine choices. The meal presentation was perfect and the timing of the courses also. At the end of the meal I was given a celebratory 1978 vintage port. We were at the Inn for 3 hours and the time just flew by. It was a fantastic way to spend an evening and we certainly will be making return visits.

Visited May 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Superb experience from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ok, so from the top!

The skipper of the private ferry was excellent; courteous, friendly and knows how to handle a boat. The maître d was superb, welcoming, accommodating, professional and seemed to take genuine pride in the food served and indeed the setting. We were a bit chilly (it being nearly winter) and so he moved us so we were sitting right next to the roaring open log fire (which was tended to religiously throughout the night by the skipper of the private ferry!). The sommelier is likewise absolutely top notch. We ordered a Cote de Beaune Burgundy and she refused to give us the first 3 bottles she opened as she was not happy with them (didn’t even bring them to the table)…the fourth one she presented and waited until I was content that it was good. Our glasses were never empty and yet our conversation was never interrupted by the ‘topping up’. And the food?! Superb. On a par with Raymond Blanc’s ‘Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons’, the chef has clearly poured not only his talent into the dishes but also his heart and soul.

In short…we will be back and would recommend to anyone who appreciates a Michelin-star level experience in an incredibly beautiful and unique Australian location.

• Visited May 2013