“Definite Bargain”

Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This Day's Inn surprised me with a much better stay than expected. This hotel is a definite bargain with very clean, well-furnished & spacious rooms, friendly & helpful staff. You have to look hard to find anything wrong here. Very pleasant stay. It compared to other hotels that are twice as much per night.
Free wifi, small outdoor pool, basic starter breakfast, walk to the Cracker Barrell if you need more. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jacksonville.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 3, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed February 28, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Normally stay at Courtyard or Fairfield, but due to availability, selected Days Inn based on recent reviews on Trip Advisor. Arrived Feb 19 and stayed 6 nights and the service of the present owners and staff were excellent. Had a comfortable king bed room on second floor and had to carry luggage up about 6-8 steps to room 201. Room was clean and my only complaint was could have had a little better lighting in the room, especially with wardrobe located in far corner..and the towels were lower quality, standard Days Inn towels. We had our grandchildren visiting us and the general manager knocked on our door to ask if the kids would like some cookies! Our room was located next to the open stairway that leads to the third floor where smoking is permitted and I only remember smelling smoke in the hallway once.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

JoeAnn, Paz, and Cheryl your customer service was exceptional during our stay. Thanks for going the extra mile to make our stay comfortable and stress free. Receiving a personal hand written note from you thanking us for our stay, sealed what I already new: Days Inn Orange Park Rocks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Upon checking in the guy at the desk was very nice. They were sold out but I had booked weeks in advance. We only stayed one night for a dance competition for my daughter, if we would have needed longer, I would have checked out and drove elsewhere. This room was filthy! There were black footprints in the tub and pizza all over the edges of the table. The rug was filthy and the TV did not work properly. The room had a very strong musty odor and was so small that we had to pick up the suitcase on wheels and put it on top of the table because there wasn't enough room to wheel it through. The pillowcases had black marks from mascara I would imagine. Luckily we always bring our own pillows and blankets. The bed was so hard and springy that we still could not sleep. The first floor is actually down a few stairs, kind of in a basement. The doors slam and the walls rattle every time the door slams. The AC did not get cold, it was more like a humid air blowing from it. I guess that would explain the musty, moldy odor. I had read reviews and decided to pick this hotel even though it was still 30 minutes from where we had to be the next morning. I wish I would have stayed clear from this place! It was a nightmare and made for a horrible day the next day too.

Room Tip: Just choose another location
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Rita P, Manager at Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest J G, Our whole staff sat down this morning to review your feedback - we were perplexed. Our housekeeping staff are adamant the room was 100% clean and on Friday and they double inspected the rooms as it was a sell out weekend. If there was anything wrong in the room, you noted "the room was filthy", then why was it not noted to the front desk (who you previously mentioned was friendly) immediately, why did you spend the whole night in a "dirty" room and not report anything to front desk in the morning. This is why we believe these allegations to be strange. Please note, the beds are brand new - that may explain why they are hard. Believe me, if we cannot keep our guests happy, we immediately provide a refund - we would have been more than happy to do once you entered the room and not found it met your expectations. Our staff take great pride in their work, some of the hardest working people I know. We apologize if your trip to JAX was horrible, but please do not place the blame exclusively on our property.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel reeked of cigarettes and I had a non smoking room. I couldn't even watch a movie because the wifi was so slow. I heard every thing my neighbors did. The so-called updated rooms were simply painted. The bathrooms were made for midgets. Definitely would never stay again.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Christina G
Rita P, Manager at Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Ms Christina, I believe you just checked out the hotel this morning with JoeAnn after a two night stay. If there were any issues during you stay we would have been happy to resolve them - and JoeAnn confirmed that nothing was reported at check out. I understand you were on the second floor and we would have been more than happy to find you another room if you smelt smoke in the room, but nothing was reported to front desk during your two night stay, Hope to host you again. Travel safe. Thank You