“Good and clean”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We came to Orange Park for a soccer tournament in Jacksonville. I was a little worried because I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn before. I was very surprised !! The hotel was super clean and very comfortable. We stayed for two nights and I would definitely come back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Renata C

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is the first and only hotel I've ever stayed in that hands you an ice cold bottle of beer at the registration desk! (or bottle of water if you prefer). I found this pretty funny.
The hotel is very nice and VERY clean with a friendly and helpful staff. I didn't use any of the amenities but I did check out the workout room and pool areas and found them to very nice as well. They have a restaurant and bar which I didn't have time to check out.
The hotel is in a nice area of town. Although there were not many restaurants or stores in the immediate area, there were many to choose from not far away.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We reserved a standard room and were pleasantly surprised. Everything we needed. Microwave & frig in the room. Very, very clean and quite. No complaints at all the entire time we stayed. Great location and

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was an ok hotel. Parking is plentiful although you might be down from the building a bit depending on the night and what they have going on at the hotel then. Lobby seems clean. Front desk friendly but it was a little odd because most of the time when we passed through the lobby, there was nobody at the front desk. They were always hanging out in some office on the side. Room was ok. Not the greatest shape. Now don't get me wrong, housekeeping appeared to be doing a great job. It was clean in the sense that there was nothing funky in the room. It looked like housekeeping had worked hard. Bathroom was clean. What I mean about the room just being ok is there were other things like stained furniture, stains on the walls, cheap towel rack in the shower that was rusting, closet doors had chunks missing but they all had it in the same places so we think they were installed that way. I don't know how old this hotel is. It looked fairly new from the outside but the room had clearly been worn. Which, I guess the hotel can't help if people get in there and trash the place with stains and whatnot but there comes a point where you have to start repairing or replacing. Pool is an outdoor pool. It was ok but there were no towels by the pool. We had never stayed at a hotel that didn't have towels located by the pool. So everybody went back up to the room dripping wet and cold. We would have brought room ones down had we have known. Room was quiet, no noise disturbances. NO signs of bedbugs. I always check. Easy check out. This isn't a bad hotel, just not outstanding either. Rates were reasonable. Plenty of eating establishments down the street. Also near the Orange Park Mall.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear qwop,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate and wish to thank you for the nice comments intended for the housekeeping team. On the other hand, please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Recent stay at the Holiday Inn. The price was very competitive. The rooms are spacious. The mattress was outstanding. Slept like a baby. Very convenient location. A plus is the mini-bar in the room. They also served free coffee to the guests downstairs in the lobby. Courteous staff. Have stayed here before but just now giving it the review it deserves. I agree with another reviewer-the only reason this hotel did not get a five star rating was because of the parking. There are very little parking spaces up front-at the entrance of the hotel. Sometimes difficult to negotiate around the hotel if you get stuck parking in the back of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again and have told friends to book this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had a family emergency to attend to in Orange Park, FL and booked this hotel at the last minute. I was pleased with my entire stay. The staff was always very helpful and the room service was excellent.

The only drawback that caused me not to give this Hotel a 5 star rating was the parking. They do not have an entrance on the side of the Hotel so you have to walk all the way around to the front of the Hotel which is not good when it's raining.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed one night while visiting our son at NAS Jacksonville. Would definitely recommend. Hotel is very clean, very nice for a Holiday Inn. Breakfast is not included so trip down road to McDonalds. They do have a restaurant but we didn't use. Didn't use pool or exercise room but looked nice, clean, maintained. We stayed in the Courtyard next door early in the year, this was a pleasant improvement. Definitely would stay again, good location if looking for a decent place to stay when visiting a sailor at NAS. Rooms to back overlook what appears to be an industrial park, about 200-300 yards away. It's quite though. Rooms to front overlook a busy road but I haven't stayed in one of those so can't speak of traffic noise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family