“Good Location & Great Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Nice location. Centrally placed between NAS Jax, Orange Park Mall and right on 295 Beltway. Staff is very helpful and accommodating. Very Clean and well furnished rooms. Becky the Director of Sales was so very pleasant and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was presidential election week, and my bosses and I had a rather enjoyable time despite. The staff were professional and friendly. There are fresh and tasty cookies to greet me at the desk daily! The event coordinator/staff provided a wonderful election party for all the guests - a free beer with our vote, and a buy one get one free special! There was also a business card raffle and we all won Hilton points, credits to the food/drink pantry, or a free breakfast. The staff coordinate a group run for the guests a couple days during the week to help you keep up with your exercise. I had no issues with the wifi at all. Accomodations were clean and comfortable. There were nice Bath and Body Work and Neutrogena toiletries and soft white towels. The issues I have were minor, and explain for the minus one star. Two mornings in a row (at 630), all was available on the buffet except the scrambled eggs -- essentially the main part of the breakfast! Also, I needed to print out something a the business center, but there is no access to the computer to plug in a USB drive -- just pc screens? The front desk staff was very friendly and allowed me to use the pc behind their desk. Despite these minor issues, I think they are practically insignificant in light of the wonderful service staff experiences I have had this week! I have stayed at the 1 or 2 Travelocity rated place in the immediate area, and the staff were fine...but just didn't seem to have the friendliness of the folks here!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is very clean, not worn out, up to date hotel. But if you want to get any business done using the internet connection, you will be just as mad as I was. The internet connection and speed is fair at best. i was told by front desk staff that the speed was slow because everyone was watching videos etc. I disagree, I have stayed at Hiltons all over the country and this one has the worst connection/speed I have ever seen. Other than that, good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It took me a while to find a good hotel in the Jax/Orange Park area. Most of the ones in the Jacksonville area are crappy. This hotel is located in Orange Park and is rather nice. This is close to the Hilton Standards. The front desk staff is very nice and courteous. The only problem here is that the gym only has one treadmill so you have to make sure you get there on time if you need use it. Overall good I would defi stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Had a hard time giving this one an Overall rating. It was clean, quiet and the front desk staff was fantastic. The bedding was standard high quality HGI, and the shower had good pressure and flow. All of this should merit a 4 star on my scale.

However:

Room and bathroom were somewhat smaller than expected. Certainly smaller than other HGI locations I've seen, and our "two-queen" room was tight for our family of four. It was big enough, just smaller than expected, and smaller than good Hamptons we've stayed in recently.

Room lighting was insufficient and there were no lamps for reading in bed. This was an irritation each night as my kids like to read in bed so we had sibling fights about the light.

Room had only a single desk chair and no other seating - expected HGI to always have at least one comfortable chair. But the fantastic staff found and chair and brought it up to our room right away, which made a huge difference.

Clock in the room was showing the wrong time and staff was unable to set it. They bring a replacement, but the one with the wrong time was attached to the wall, so they couldn't remove it. This isn't the first time I've run into a clock problem at a Hilton property. It's a nice little clock-radio, but it's locked down so guests cannot set it. Great expect for when it's not right, then it's a real pain.

Complimentary coffee in the lobby was either empty or cold every time we tried to get some. Of course, breakfast is not included and was pretty expensive for a family. (but we knew that and brought our own to eat in the room. There was also a Cracker Barrel right next door.)

Location feels a bit sketchy with a boarded up gas station and closed low-rent hotel in the parking lot. There were often people hanging around the gas station, and people hanging around a boarded up building is never a good sign.

All in all, if we come back to Orange Park as a family, we'll probably stay somewhere else. We weren't unhappy with our stay, just wanted a bit more - particularly a bit more room. But I would stay at this same HGI if I came back alone on business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nice HGI to stay at. Staff was friendly and courteous. I stayed from Monday thru Thursday. Clean rooms. The HGI is set back off the road, and there is a vacant gas station and a vacant local chain motel before you get to the HGI. I thought my GPS took me to a wrong address, but the HGI is there. Due to my schedule, I did not have a chance to eat breakfast downstairs.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time at a Hilton Garden Inn and it won't be our last. Comfortable room and very clean, helpful and friendly front desk, beautiful lobby, and great breakfast. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!