“We've stayed here twice and will be back -- best room in Orange Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Savannah, GA
“We've stayed here twice and will be back -- best room in Orange Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I just completed our second stay at Sleep Inn & Suites in Orange Park, and will definitely return. We visit her elderly parents in OP often and have tried all the hotels in the area. We like Sleep Inn & Suites best because:

1. It's a very new facility, in great condition and very well maintained.

2. it's conveniently located, just over the Doctors Lake bridge from Orange Park; many restaurants nearby but quiet.

3. The rooms are very comfortable, in particular the king suites with much appreciated TV area, and everything is always CLEAN.

4. Next door is an ABC, where you can get a nice bottle of wine if you choose.

5. Staff are always friendly and helpful.

6. The price can't be beat for overall value. Breakfast is good and is included in the room price.

No complaints, all good. See you again soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank originalbob
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely compliment about your stay with us and our hotel. We are so glad you are a repeat guest and want to keep your business. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
funinsobe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

rooms are nice and clean, king size bed slept well the staff is awesome thanks Darci, Susan, Matt & Josie keep up the good work. i hope your GM recognizes his or her staff, if i ever had a family outing and we were in Jacksonville i would definitely stay at this Hotel.

Room Tip: it was a great STAY
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind compliment. I am so glad our staff made your stay enjoyable. We appreciate the feedback and yes, I do know I have a great team. A leader is only as good as their team and I am proud of ours. We look forward to your visiting us again in the future. Thank you again and happy traveling.
Fort Collins
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is by far the best place to stay! Clean comfortable rooms, the breakfast is fantastic! This Sleep Inn goes above and beyond! The staff is polite and makes me feel at home, which to me is most important. Keep up the excellent work. You have gained me as a loyal guest, and I will always recommend this place to all my traveling friends. Thank you

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bowtieblood
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy our staff makes your stay enjoyable with us. And thank you for being a loyal Fleming Island Sleep Inn and Suites guest. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Happy traveling!
Hinesville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

One of the best I have every stayed at, the room was spacious and very clean. Check in was a breeze with the help of Christine Crow, who also gave us helpful information for dining. Check out was also Quick with the help of Chris Butler. Breakfast area was also clean and very nice selection of food. Charles & Jackie

Room Tip: Standard King was nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bigshu
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I will pass on the compliments to Christine and Chris. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Port Tobacco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites 5/7 thru 5/11/13. The hotel is on Fleming Island, but just a few miles from Orange Park, and we saw both Fleming Island andOrange Park as addresses.

Our stay was good. We had a king room, bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast was good, although the eggs weren't all that great. Waffles were good, and big enough to share.

There was a mix up at check in. Another family with the same last name apparently got our original room, but things worked out fine.

One note -we had a shower only room, and the shower curtain wasn't long enough to keep all the water in. That needs to be addressed, and we mentioned it upon check out.

All in all, a good stay, and good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tedith
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. Sorry about any mix up at check in but I am glad the staff was able to resolve it quickly. I see you stayed in one of our lakeside kings which all have walk-in showers. The shower curtains are Sleep Inn standard and I am aware of the issue. We are hoping to order new curtains in the hopes that they will be a bit longer. As for breakfast, we do not have a kitchen and it is mandated we have scrambled eggs, therefore they are fresh frozen. We have tried many brands and types and the ones we have right now seem to be the best..we do however offer a wide variety of breakfast choices including bacon, waffles, sausage, donuts, muffins, oatmeal, grits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereals, bagels and other breads, fresh fruit, etc. Thank you for taking the time to write. We appreciate your feedback.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I sleep in a LOT of hotels, I have the same routine every time.
I pulled in to a mostly empty parking lot at 11pm, I have a large truck and so I used several spaces. There were no cars around me, likewise in the morning there were no cars around the truck in the morning.
So I go make a waffel for breakfast, the beeping/all done warning goes off while I'm on the otherside of the room.
The Hotel employee in charge of the breakfast area runs over and begins to take the waffle out of the machine, I say politely hello! that's my waffle I will get that!
She says "no no no it has to come out right away, we are not allowed to leave them in there or they will burn, we have to take them out"
She touched my food without gloves on.
(Fail)

My guys come in to get coffee, they are told by both of the employees that outside cops are not allowed. Seriously? I can't bring in my insulated cup and get some coffee? What the heck!!!
They were told it was a sanitation issue, I say a sanitation issue is touching my freshly prepared food with your bare hands.

So then I go out to the parking lot to load my truck, and they have put signs on my truck telling me that I cannot park there. They even used exclamation points on their handwritten sign. There were still no cars parked around the area that my truck was in.

Maybe it was an off day for these ladies, or maybe this hotel does not want my business.

Ether way I will not go back.

Epic Fail.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank TopTowerDog
SLEEPINNFI, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Please be advised that upon check in, your crew was angry that they could not get the government rate due to not be able to present any sort of government ID, which is policy in any hotel. Then at breakfast your crew could not understand county health code policy regarding bringing personal cups to fill up, its unsanitary, and you were all kindly told the policy but got angry. Then you prepared a waffle and would not remove it from the machine when asked, hence burning the plates up, which are expensive. NO ONE touched your waffle with bare hands. The cover was lifted with a handle and then the waffle fork was used to pick it up and place it on a plate. The guests in breakfast were agitated by the behavior of your crew. Regarding the parking, your crew took up over 30 parking spots with two trucks in front of the hotel when we have designated truck parking that you chose not to use. There were alot of cars in the parking lot that had to park further away due to this. The note simply stated that you could not take up all those "individual" car parking spots. We apologize about the rules and policies that are in place to protect all our guests. Thank you for writing.
Dundee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed in the king suite and had a wonderful weekend. From the easy check-in with Christine to the bright and clean surroundings - it was fantastic. Definitely will be back. The room was so convenient to everything, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad we were able to make your stay pleasurable. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff. Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.