Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fleming Island
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$99
$63
$61
$60
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssleep inngreen cove springsfront deskwafflessurrounding hotelspieces of cardio equipmentwindow coveringssmoking areashopping and restaurantsfamily visitper nightkeep up the good workevery staff memberbeds were very comfortableopened the doorwould stay here againfloor room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I chose this hotel due to proximity to nearby Green Cove Springs, and I am glad I did.

My room was spotless, and the A/C worked great in the hot August heat. This is a 3 floor hotel and the elevator made quick work of getting you to your floor. This hotel is approx 3 years old and has been very well maintained during that time.

Service was excellent and everyone was courteous and had a welcoming smile.

Breakfast was hot and in addition to the customary waffle machine, I enjoyed the bacon and small egg omelets. Within short walking distance, there is also an IHOP and an Applebee's in the same strip center as well.

Although there is another Choice Hotel (Comfort Inn) a few short miles (5-6?) closer to I-295, this hotel is definitely WORTH the extra few minutes drive down Highway 17. I will make it a point to stay here next time I'm in that area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Cruzecontrol
Reviewed August 9, 2010

It's your typical Sleep Inn, casual and it works, if you just need a place to sleep for the night. Price is fair. It's a non-smoking hotel which is really nice, but OMG there are tons of smokers ( including the staff) standing just outside the lobby smoking like fiends. How gross is that? Move the giant cigarette stands somewhere else...at 8AM it's disgusting. The parking lot is a little strange too, seems to be some type of shared access with IHOP, but it works. I wouldn't want to be there for a week but for an overnight it's fine and a whole lot nicer than the surrounding hotels by a long shot.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Otisvalentino
Reviewed September 3, 2009

The hotel was convenient for my business trip to the area. It was nice to have a nice place to stay while in the area. Applebees was a short walk wich was nice since I had my truck (just the tractor, no room for a trailer). There is also an IHOP out front, I walked to Wal-Mart to do some shopping.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank NYTriper
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Whomever wrote that this hotel is going down hill is sadly mistaken. The staff and people staying in the hotel were extremely friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to come to a place just to relax and to enjoy the atmosphere of Fleming Island. Once the bowling alley and movie theater are completed you will not have to leave the area to find things to do. The room and halls where extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2009

I just read the other reviews on here and I am very surprised at how highly rated this place was. My experience was totally different. To be fair, the room itself was clean (once I got into it) and everything worked just fine including the internet (non-wifi). Breakfast is weak, mostly cereal and donuts.

I stayed here for my last night in town during my recent PCS out. The location is less than a mile from my house so it was very conveniently located. Since it is a recently built hotel I figured it would be pretty nice and the government rate wasn´t bad either. We were working all day doing the final move stuff getting our house ready to rent out, so I swung by early to grab the keys before returning later to actually go to the room. That´s when the problems started.

We got to the hotel at about 2230 and found the front door locked and the front desk not manned. Fortunately the room key opened the front door but it did not open my room door (on the 3rd floor, at the end of the hall, after the unbelievably slow elevator). Did I mention my 3 year old son? Well neither he nor I found the humor in this at this late hour. Fortunately by the time we made our way back down to the front desk, the clerk had made her way back to her post. There was no apology or explanation but she was kind enough to program a couple more room key cards. Incredibly the first one of these cards didn´t work either after I made my way back to the room (via the glacial elevator). I guess I should have been happy that at least one worked even if it was the second one I tried.

For $70 (govt rate) I didn´t expect the Ritz but I didn´t expect the shady characters that were hanging out on my floor either. In my opinion this hotel is going to go downhill fast. I´m really surprised that its not nicer because Fleming Island is a great place to live and I´m sure the area can support a decent hotel, but I guess if you want something nice you need to stay up by I-295.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CabraViejo