“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Went out of our way to eat here based on such good reviews. Our visit started off well as we were greeted and seated promptly. The appetizer of fried tofu was excellent but the entree's were not. My roasted duck was boiled not roasted as advertsed, not fully cooked and the whole dish was a flavorless,chewey, watery mess. My wife's sweet and sour stir fry was syrupy and missing any broccoli as advertised. Both of our stir fry portions were soggy as if they had been prepared long ago and were sitting around for a while.Service was poor considering only 3 tables occupied the hour and a half we were there. Prices are high considering the quality of service and food. We've had much better, more authentic and more reasonably priced Thai food elsewhere.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

I don't know what authentic Thai food should taste like so I may not be the best judge, but I think that Thai Garden is wonderful. The best Thai restaurant that I have ever been to. THe restaurant is small and quaint with minimal decoration. The staff is very courteous and attentive. The food comes in good portions.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

The best authentic Thai cuisine always seems to be prepared by small, independently owned restaurants. Thai cuisine fits the bill perfectly. It's small and in a strip mall very near the Red Lobster on Blanding in Orange Park (across from Orange Park Mall). The food is outstanding. I love Thai food and seek it out whenever I travel to a new city, and Thai Garden is very good Thai. It is the Second Best Thai in Orange Park in my humble opinion. The saytay is always tender, the Phad Thai is excellent and the spring rolls have great crunch and flavor without being overly greasy. They have several curry dishes that are excellent as well. This was the restaurant where I introduced my wife to Thai cuisine and she became an instant fan. The restaurant is small, and for a party larger than four, i'd recommend calling ahead for reservations. It's always clean and has an extensive menu with a lot of options for just about everyone. You can order your entrees with any spice level from 1 to 5 (no spice to Thai Hot). I prefer mine Thai Hot and my beer cold. Even at this spice level, it's hot enough to feel the burn but not so overpowering as to make the dish inedible. If you're not used to thai chilis, then definitely go with the no spice option.

Reviewed November 13, 2009

We have been to this restaurant at least 250 times over 6 years and the food has been consistently good and the service excellent. The staff and chef are very professional and mindful of guest needs. The food has always been fresh and authentic. Big Thumbs Up!

Reviewed February 14, 2009

We've been to this restaurant 10+ times and never had a bad meal.