“Very much disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
“Very much disappointed”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I had read the reviews about this place, got really excited to try it, despite my wife's 2nd guesses.
We are running errands close by today, and I finally convinced her to give it a try. I stopped there for a take away 15 to 11 am. They were about to open. The service was not great, and while waiting I had to heard the discussion of 2 men at the kitchen. Silly stuff. Nothing major, but annoying in front of a customer. I did not dine in, but the old carpet and darkness in the main saloon was nothing to be excited about it. I ordered an eggplant and a lasagna. While the pastas itself were good, with flavor, the tomato sauce was very poor. It looked like they had just open a can of a concentrated stuff and pour over the food. No taste of garlic, or onion or any spice. Unfortunately it was frustrating and I do not intend to go back.

2 Thank fcoargemiro

Orange Park, Florida
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went there with my family and the food was awesome! You get a very large portion and I will be having it for lunch tomorrow. I ordered one of the specials that I had never seen anywhere before and it was fantastic! It is a great place to try something new and the owner is extremely friendly. He came around to all the tables to greet the customers. I will going back again.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Yikes it's 's good!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

After reading the wonderful reviews I just knew I had to try it. Now I'm one of the admirers.
The great food reminded me of the neighborhood restaurants in Brooklyn, NY. (where I grew up)
Very good service (thank you Lisa).
Large portions, low prices, yummy food...what more could you ask for?
Check out the daily specials.

Orange Park, Florida
“Huge portions!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had the chicken Alfredo and eggplant Parmesan. Both were very good and fresh. The appetizer bread was killer! The portions were so big we had it again as leftovers. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited December 2013
Orange Park, Florida, United States
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My Husband often come to Joey's for the great Italian food. Such a wonderful and homey feel with wonderful service. We are always bringing home leftovers from our dinners. Generous portions. The owner is so seer and personable. Great prices. I highly recommend Joey Mozzarella's.