“Huge portions, but....”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I dined here yesterday for lunch with my elderly in-laws. When my 96-year-old father in law's spaghetti arrived, he was shocked at the size of the serving, and when the owner came to the table, the old man asked that his portion be cut in half. The owner said, "With my machete?" My father-in-law said, "I don't care how you do it, just take half away." His request wasn't honored.

This establishment is clearly proud of its huge portions, but when an old man makes a simple request that runs counter to that -- for whatever reason -- why not accommodate him?

As for the food itself, it was average or better than. My pizza was OK, my wife liked her lasagna, and salads were really basic. Nobody came close to finishing half their servings, and I came down minutes after leaving with what my wife euphemistically calls "stomach problems."

I'm afraid we won't be back.

6  Thank originalbob

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Luigi and team make your dining experience personal. They care about their customers and want to ensure you are happy every time. The portions are huge, you have enough for three meals. Great value and quality!! We've brought our friends and they are fans now too!

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Best Italian food and an awesome value! Our favorite restaurant in the area.
So much better than Olive Garden and a much better value.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Joey Mozzarella's is our Favorite place to eat in Clay County! Amazing service from a wonderful staff! The food is just amazing....Love those Huge Calzone's. We always have left overs for the next day!The owner proudly displays pictures from his Military service right along side photos of all his customers!Support a Veteran while enjoying one of the best italian meals in town!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Joey Mozzarella's is an amazing place to dine because of the delicious food, good prices and the owner and staff really make you feel welcome and part of the family. I highly recommend this place.