“Best Italian in town”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Best Italian in town”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hands down! I eat here 2-4 times weekly and absolutely love the place, Amazing food, service and prices. It just can't be beat!

Ashland
“Hot and Huge Portions!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My dad is a resident of Moosehaven, a retirement community in Orange Park, FL. When I was visiting him in December, he said he wanted to go out for spaghetti - really good spaghetti. So, as I always to, I hit TripAdvisor to see what was rated high in the area.

Joey Mozzarella came back and the #1 Italian restaurant in Orange Park and based on the photos, it looked like a mom and pop joint, and after reading all the positive reviews I figured we couldn't go wrong. And boy was I right!

My dad had the Chicken Parmasan that came with a side of spaghetti off the seniors menu and I had the spaghetti with Italian sausage. My dinner came with a salad, nothing fancy, but at least it wasn't bagged lettuce. Then came the garlic knots which looked to be about the size of a dozen dinner rolls slathered in butter and minced garlic (not garlic salt).

When our entrees came we were both amazed at the size of the portions - I'd almost guess each plate weighed in at about five pounds! And, the entrees were piping hot (something my dad misses since eating cafeteria style tends to serve up luke-warm fare).

We ate until we couldn't eat any more and it didn't even look like we made a dent in the plates of food. Needless to say, we left with two very large boxes of leftovers for another meal or two!

So yes, I highly recommend hitting up Joey Mozzarella - you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for an artistic Italian mansion-like decorated restaurant, this is not the place. The decor is family Italian / Navy / pizza joint reflecting the background of its owner.

Take-out is about as popular as eating in from what I saw, however if you are going to eat in the restaurant, do not expect to order a drink - no alcohol is served on the premises, but you can BYOB!

Next time, we will share one plate of spaghetti and stop at the store for a six pack on the way.

Bryson City, North Carolina
“Delicous”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We ordered the calzone's. They were perfect! Great flavor, pleanty of filling and lots of cheese. I have been wanting to try them but I am always to busy to stop in, so I decided to call an order for delivery tonight. They said it would be an hour and they were 25 minutes early, which is always a plus. The person on the phone was very friendly and the driver was as well. I even received a phone call a few hours later to make sure we were satisfied with our meal and service. Our teens ordered the spaghetti dinners and there was so much in just one they split it and saved the other portion for later. Their dinners also came with garlic knots (yummy) and salads all for $5.99. They loved it, I tried it and thought the sauce needed a little bit of spice or something. Overall I am extremely satisfied with our order and service. I would recomend this place to anyone and everyone. I am now looking forward to and making plans to go here and finally dine in!!!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“The best italian palce in orange park”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I moved to jacksonville from tallahassee 18 months ago and while i was living in orange park i found this little jewel of a restaurant.Luigi and Scott exceeded my expectations with the cuisine that they serve in this little piece of paradise located in Orange Park.The daily specials are fanatatsic and the service is tremendous.My hats off to the whole crew.If anyone has a chance take the ride and sample their cuisine its great@!!!

Rick Oster
Gen Sales Mgr
Kia of Orange Park

Orange Park, Florida
“Dine in or Take out”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Whether you dine in or take out, the food is excellent. We live in the area and have enjoyed many of their dishes. I love the baked ziti and my husband enjoys the stromboli. The freshness of the ingredients is apparent in the flavor and quality of each meal.

• Visited November 2012