“Questionable-”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Went to Mannys on a tuesday night,located on Kingsley. Upon walking in I smelled sewage. The place recently opened so I expected to see more of a modern decor. Greek statues outside. Fake plants in some places. Hanging real plants is not modern. Blinds on the oustide of the restaurant. And why did I smell sewage.?.. Table spacing was good. but front cashier counter was overly crowded with junk. Lets talk food. The spinach dip was okay.. did not care for the chips they were thick and did not taste fresh, and not enough for us to finish the dip. They served us one small roll with olive oil dipping sauce but there were two of us at the table so that was unrealistic to serve one tiny roll. We had to ask for another one. The waitress should have been smarter and serve two from the start. The meal we had was good but not spectacular, I have had better for the price we paid. We ended the meal with raspberry cheesecake and Tiramisu. The cheesecake was very good. The Tiramisu we took home only to find out that it was spoiled and the bite I took I had to spit out. It was bad. Spoiled and rancid. . Obviously they are not tasting their food regularly to have even served that to me. IT obviously was made over a week ago sat in the fridge, and served old..and I could have gotten sick. Was very disappointed considering it cost 6.95 it was pricy.. Would I go back.. Not Worth the cost or the trouble. Not Impressed. And was dissappointed in the Tiramisu. Also whats with a new place smelling like some one forgot to clean out the sewage drains.

1  Thank TNOPFL

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I should have gotten to Manny's sooner. I have been missing out. It is by far the best. "The Real Deal" We are talking first generation Italian here folks. We are their new regulars, Anna, Linda ands Manny were great. We are on a first name basis. This is a "MUST got to fine eatery. The veal was sooooo good! and the Shrimp and Scallops Grand Marnier was to die for!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Enjoyed an evening out as a couple. The service was fine and the food was very good.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

True authentic Italiano. But don't be in a hurry! Everything is cooked to order, fresh. It took 3 hours for dinner with 3 courses. But well worth the wait. Hot fresh bread just out of the oven.Spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips , and the pasta all three we shared were excellent. The hostess is very charming,and makes you feel like part of her family,"Honey". The coffee was made just for us and the deserts were close to heaven! The atmosphere is romantic as well. Nice for an occasion.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We loved the new Manny's Cafe; wonderful food. We love the seafood and pasta dishes and if you want a great chicken dish, try the Chicken Montanarra (probably misspelled). The half carafe of house Chianti is good if you don't want a bottle of wine. The service is attentive and seeing Mrs. Rosaria is always a joy. Enjoy!
www.alyzabethan.blogspot.com