Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park
$116
$129
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here only because someone else was picking up the bill, otherwise we would of left immediately. The hotel is old and the rooms are in serious need of updating, the bathroom itself was the worse. The staff at the hotel is a random collection of people who don't really seem to be well-trained at all. Only reason I gave them a extra mark was the banquet service they did for the party we were with was decent. Okay maybe for a quick overnight stay but I would say you are better off sticking with a major chain in a similar price range because hygiene-wise its a mixed bag. We made it through our weekend stay okay (no bites or rashes) but we literally couldn't wait to leave...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank llady5353
AstoriaHotelSuites, Manager at Astoria Hotel Suites Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your bad time. Changes have been made since your previous stay to ensure a quality stay. Staff have been more trained, as well as rooms being updated. Thank you.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had an unplanned trip to jacksonville yesterday to visit honeys friend. We looked for a hotel but before we book he asked his friend if where and which hotel we can stay and he said astoria its nice and near to his moms house.
The staff was nice the hotel is old.
Our room was old and very ordinary our master bedroom is even nicer old style tv dirty and almost clog toilet my husband took a shower and he told me you need to wear slippers when u take a shower unless you want to have an athletes foot. And yes its dirty.after we checked out i noticed some rash and bites omg... i hate it and his kinda upset. Bec. We stayed in that place.

Room Tip: If you just want to take a shower and go maybe this will work out .i think i got some bites and rashes from the bed.i had a nice sleep bec. Were tired 240 miles of sitting in the car and roaming around the town for the whole day thanks to that.i had a good sleep if not ill be awwke the whole night scratching.. They pool but i dont think its working bec it looks dirty . The location is good though just along 295..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dianne_tjm

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize about your previous stay. Rooms have been updated and plumbing issues have been resolved. We appreciate your business and hope you will return to see our hotel improved and better than ever.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

If our room was renovated already, they should fire whoever is doing the work. Otherwise our room should have been closed. The bathroom door was rotting and/or had paint peeling at the bottom, the tub had a nasty soap ring and wouldn't drain properly. The staff didn't even make the bed the next day. The front desk staff isn't much help either.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mpdharley

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your previous stays inconvenience. Rooms have been recently updated and staff have been trained better since your stay to ensure better quality to provide you service. Thank you.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month and won't be back and actually plan to.end my stay here and move to another hotel before my stay here in Orange Park is over. There is one person at the front desk who is remotely helpful. Thank you Asia, she was a delight to deal with. The other two could use some customer service skills. It would be nice if they informed you that you would not receive housekeeping everyday if you were considered an extended stay. The housekeepers were great when I did need anything. You get 15 channels and if you don't. Then the internet goes down for 3 days. I ask what's wrong with it and tell them I need to have it for business and they need a new router but don't know when that will be fixed. There are 8 other hotels around this one, all within walking distance. I guess you can't expect much for the price but.they should change the info on the site. Take fitness room off the site, three.cardio machines and they don't work right. I almost got hurt on the treadmill because it doesn't work properly. I will never stay here again and I come up here every month. I will advise all my military friends and family to stay anywhere else but here!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Charles T

We appreciate your feedback. I believe you meant Aries who was very helpful. She is great and the rest of our staff have been trained more since your stay to ensure proper information and quality service. The fitness room has been improved and new machines have been put in. Televisions are being upgraded as well as the internet. Thank you.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Myself and two other golfers stayed here 2-10 & 2/11 2013. Most of the pictures shown are of the lobby and dining room which are very modern and new. THAT ends the new !! The motel itself is from the 1970's -- looks exactly like the rooms I used to stay when I traveled as a salesperson. The tv in rooms 106 & 110 were OLD !! The sink in room 108 (where I stayed) had no "stopper" so should I have dropped something in, it would have gone straight to the trap.
A free breakfast is offered --- NOT something I would eat.
You can spend the same amount of money (our rooms were $55/night) at many newer and more upscale places in the same area.
Don't make the mistake we did !!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lee H

Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel has a unique characteristic of being an older hotel, but rooms have been updated since your previous stay. New furniture and televisions, along with better plumbing. Breakfast has also improved. Thank you for your business and look forward to your future stays.