“Nice and comfortable”

Stay Suites of America
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Although alittle expensive, but i love it there. Nice and great. Nice bed although too much noise outside. Clean toilet and restroom, soap, shampoo, and others provided. Great security and it's in a good area where you have everything around.

Room Tip: Great things furnished and cooking untensils
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ogonna E
Kyle L, General Manager at Stay Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Ogonna E,
Thank you for your kind review. I do apologize that you felt there was too much noise outside your room. As you mentioned we do take our security seriously and try to enforce a strict noise curfew for the pleasure of all guests. I hope that next time you are in the Orange Park/Jacksonville area, you will give us another chance to satisfy your needs. Thank you for choosing Stay Suites of America.

There are newer reviews for Stay Suites of America

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The first room was listed as no smoking, but smelled of smoke and was so small could not get suitcase in easily. Change rooms but the bed was so hard neither of us could sleep. Lock on door broken. Needs more comfortable chairs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ichasedeadpeople

Dear ichasedeadpeople,
I truly apologize that you felt our property was not accommodating for you. I especially am sorry for the fact that you had requested a non-smoking room and were placed in one, this was an error by my staff and I take it personally and will make sure there is continued training on recognizing guests needs. I understand your concerns with the bedding and this will be noted, as we are currently buying all new beds for the property. I will personally make sure that as I sample the bedding options I choose one a little softer to fit the needs of the general public. Thank you for mentioning that your lock was malfunctioning, as safety of our guests is our number one priority. I will have our engineering department go to each room and test all locks to ensure this does not happen to another guest. Thank you for you honest words and for choosing Stay Suites of America.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We felt the price was great for a week's stay. The room was comfortable and beds were good. Pillows were not so much but I always suggest travelers bring their own, for their own comfort. That way, you can get a better night's sleep. We made a reservation and check in was a breeze. The staff and grounds were excellent! Location was also good, with many stores and restaurants within walking or close driving distance. Access to all the rooms is by outside doorways, which was a security concern for me, but security at the facility was good. Other properties I've stayed at had a main security door to pass through, and then you got to the elevators, and all doorways were inside the building. Hey, just sayin'. Laundry facilities were excellent and priced reasonably, too. The most disappointing discovery was the carpeting in the room. We felt it needed to be changed, not cleaned. It was too late for that. Unfortunately, a handicapped room was not available at the time of our arrival and we got placed on the third floor, but the elevator saved the day; not too long a walk to the room. The on-site staff works hard to make all the guests feel comfortable and that is appreciated. Would I stay there again? If my travels took me that way, definitely!

Room Tip: I'd suggest you ask for a non-smoking room, if you're so inclined, but a "sniff test&qu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William H
Kyle L, General Manager at Stay Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Mr. H, We thank you for your kind words, especially the mention of the staff. I will be sure to let all members of our team know they were appreciated. As for the complaint of the carpet, I am sorry the room was not entirely satisfying, but please know that we are in the middle of a 4 stage renovation that does include new carpets in every room in the near future. We hope that if you are in the Jacksonville/Orange Park area in the future you would choose Stay Suites of America as your home away from home. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Thank you to all the Staff at Stay Suites. Hassel-free, clean, quiet, user-friendly place. Work brought my wife and I to Orange Park, we stayed weeks longer than planned because we were made to feel at-home and appreciated. Staff and maintenance were professional and helpful.
Within two blocks: grocery, convenience, restaurants; a mall & shopping a half-mile away. Access to I-295 loop five minutes. At night it is very quiet.

Room Tip: Let the Front Office know what you're looking for.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank paul r
Kyle L, Manager at Stay Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Paul R., Thank you so much for your positive review of our Hotel. It means so much to me and my staff when we know we have made a guest as comfortable as possible. If your journeys ever bring you back to the Jacksonville/Orange Park area, we would be more than happy to accomodate you again. I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of my staff.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We booked a room for $30 a day... a steal, for 5 days. Laundry facilities were fairly priced. No MAJOR complaints... but it wasn't impressive.

When we first got to our room, we were hit with the faint smell of mingled urine and old cigarettes (we got a "non-smoking" room, supposedly). Our carpet was dirty, sticky, and glazed with small mildew patches, but organized and generally pleasant once you got used to it. There were no little hotel "freebies" (i.e. soap, shampoo bottles, etc) which was disappointing, but the towels were clean, and the kitchenette was stocked with clean dishes/ a coffee maker/ pots and pans.

The staff was VERY helpful. Apparently you have to exchange towels at the front desk or something and they're not replenished automatically.

Final verdict: Good for a budget, you won't get shot if you walk outside at night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katarina C
Kyle L, General Manager at Stay Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I understand you were not happy with your stay at Suburban Lodge- Orange Park. As the Assistant General Manager of the new Stay Suites of America I would like to say that we have put alot of effort into cleaning up the property and referbishing the rooms since our take over in August 2012. I ask that if you are ever in the Orange Park area again that you please give us another try to satisfy your needs.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have no complaints of my stay here except for the room smelled musty and the pillows weren't firm enough for our liking. The bed, bathroom, floors and kitchen were clean though and in good repair. The room could use a little bit of updating, but nothing drastic. The kitchen was well-stocked, though a pasta strainer and a couple of other dishes we found to have needed would've been nice to have as well. I stayed here for three nights with my significant other and neither of us had any problems with the room or hotel. We didn't hear much noise from neighbors either. Check in and check out was fast and the staff is very attentive to your needs. Location is EXCELLENT. You're right in the middle of everything. The city and the beaches are only half an hour away and St. Augustine is only about a 45 minute drive away. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leah M

Thank you for your positive review of Suburban Lodge- Orange Park. As assistant General Manager of the new Stay Suites of America, I would like to invite you back to our property if you are ever in the Orange Park area again and see some of the improvements we have made since our take over in August 2012.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I, My Husband & My Husbands Brother Stayed Here & My Husband Is A Hospice Patient & The 2ND NIight We WereThere I Had To Call Rescue On My Husband Due To Him Not Being Able To Breath, He Was Admitted Into The HospitalL Due To Having Double Pneumonia, He Was In There For 15 Days. The Whole Staff Was So Understanding, Caring, & They Were So Nice. Upon Arrival ToThe Hotel I Was Able To Look @ As Many Rooms They Had Available To See Which 1 I Liked The Best & ThenThe Front Desk Manager Was So Generous. I Would Recommend This Property TO Everyone I Know..

Room Tip: We Were In Room 207 & It Was On The 2nd Floor..We Had No Problem With Noise From The 3RD Floor E...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dnolan45

Thank you for your kind review of Suburban Lodge- Orange Park. As the Assistant General Manager of the New Stay Suites of America, I invite you to come back to our property and see the improvements to make the hotel an even better place to stay, since our take over in August 2012.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Park
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Oran...
#101 of 133 in Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park

Been to Stay Suites of America? Share your experiences!