WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Stay Suites of America

Stay Suites of America
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Orange Park, Florida
“You Get What You Pay For, I Guess..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We booked a room for $30 a day... a steal, for 5 days. Laundry facilities were fairly priced. No MAJOR complaints... but it wasn't impressive.

When we first got to our room, we were hit with the faint smell of mingled urine and old cigarettes (we got a "non-smoking" room, supposedly). Our carpet was dirty, sticky, and glazed with small mildew patches, but organized and generally pleasant once you got used to it. There were no little hotel "freebies" (i.e. soap, shampoo bottles, etc) which was disappointing, but the towels were clean, and the kitchenette was stocked with clean dishes/ a coffee maker/ pots and pans.

The staff was VERY helpful. Apparently you have to exchange towels at the front desk or something and they're not replenished automatically.

Final verdict: Good for a budget, you won't get shot if you walk outside at night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Katarina C
Kyle L, General Manager at Stay Suites of America, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I understand you were not happy with your stay at Suburban Lodge- Orange Park. As the Assistant General Manager of the new Stay Suites of America I would like to say that we have put alot of effort into cleaning up the property and referbishing the rooms since our take over in August 2012. I ask that if you are ever in the Orange Park area again that you please give us another try to satisfy your needs.

Kyle Lewis, AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have no complaints of my stay here except for the room smelled musty and the pillows weren't firm enough for our liking. The bed, bathroom, floors and kitchen were clean though and in good repair. The room could use a little bit of updating, but nothing drastic. The kitchen was well-stocked, though a pasta strainer and a couple of other dishes we found to have needed would've been nice to have as well. I stayed here for three nights with my significant other and neither of us had any problems with the room or hotel. We didn't hear much noise from neighbors either. Check in and check out was fast and the staff is very attentive to your needs. Location is EXCELLENT. You're right in the middle of everything. The city and the beaches are only half an hour away and St. Augustine is only about a 45 minute drive away. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leah M
Thank you for your positive review of Suburban Lodge- Orange Park. As assistant General Manager of the new Stay Suites of America, I would like to invite you back to our property if you are ever in the Orange Park area again and see some of the improvements we have made since our take over in August 2012.

Florahome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I, My Husband & My Husbands Brother Stayed Here & My Husband Is A Hospice Patient & The 2ND NIight We WereThere I Had To Call Rescue On My Husband Due To Him Not Being Able To Breath, He Was Admitted Into The HospitalL Due To Having Double Pneumonia, He Was In There For 15 Days. The Whole Staff Was So Understanding, Caring, & They Were So Nice. Upon Arrival ToThe Hotel I Was Able To Look @ As Many Rooms They Had Available To See Which 1 I Liked The Best & ThenThe Front Desk Manager Was So Generous. I Would Recommend This Property TO Everyone I Know..

Room Tip: We Were In Room 207 & It Was On The 2nd Floor..We Had No Problem With Noise From The 3RD Floor E...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dnolan45
Thank you for your kind review of Suburban Lodge- Orange Park. As the Assistant General Manager of the New Stay Suites of America, I invite you to come back to our property and see the improvements to make the hotel an even better place to stay, since our take over in August 2012.

Granville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Location is important for us, and this hotel had several good features. It's in the middle of a long block, but if you like to walk (as we do) that's not a problem. There is a large grocery store next door, several restaurants - all levels - within half a mile. A large mall with a movie theater about a 15-minute walk west, The McDonald's is about a mile and a half east (the wife likes their coffee), but we found a short cut through a quiet neighborhood and past a lake.
Getting to the beach is a problem, however. There are few roads that cross the inland bay, and they are always busy. (If you want the beach, the Suburban Extended Stay in Bay Meadow might be a better choice).
Hotel conditions were typical for this hotel chain. Neat, clean rooms, friendly staff, The AC/heater is noisy, but we turned it off at night to sleep better.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael E
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

This property was recommended to me by a good friend of mine who is a native of this area. I am four days into a one week stay and before checking in and having read some of the reviews of this property, I was somewhat unsure of what to expect. Being an extended stay guest, I was basically looking for something clean, affordable and in a safe area and I was not really worrying about anything above and beyond that, however I got much more. After a long flight with a couple of long stopovers, I would have accepted any accomodations, but this property has been absolutely great and I have nothing but positive things to say about my stay. I was greeted at the front desk by a very friendly gentleman who made me feel very welcome from the moment I walked in. My reservation was on file and I recieved the exact room I had booked at the exact price that I had expected to pay.

Now for the moment of truth- we all know how that can be. I slid the card into the door lock, the door unlocked smoothly, I opened the door and was truly positively suprised by such a nice room. For a value priced room, I found it to be spacious and inviting. My room is fully equipped with a nice kitchenette including a coffee maker which wasn't listed as being in the room, but a very welcome item nonetheless. It has a two burner stove, a couple of pots and pans that are in very condition and clean, too. Knives, forks and spoons in addition to glasses and cups are also here. The bathroom is spacious and was nice and clean as was the rest of my room. The rest of my kitchen set up was clean and includes a couple of dish towels, some cooking utensils and some dish detergent, too. This has been a positive experience since the beginning and the property is peaceful and quiet as it is set back about 100 yards from the road. For people to have given this property bad ratings is beyond me. I have a smoking room and my room had no odors whatsoever especially not the moldy smell that I read about in somke of the reviews. I would definitely highly recommend this property to anyone looking to save some money on an extended stay and/or even a brief stay. Congratulations to all the employees here and also the management staff for making this nothing less than perfect and exceeding all of my expectations too.

Room Tip: I am in the back of the property on the second floor at the end of the outside hallway. The propert...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jonathan O
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I booked a room for a month (28 days per their month contract) and ended up with bad bug bites. I reported this to the manager and he told me they checked my bed and found nothing on top of changing my sheets. Nothing was done to my bed when I returned back to the hotel in my fourth week there. The smell of mold was also strong and I wouldn't trust walking on the floors of this place in my bare feet at all. Yuck!! Also, the neighborhood it's in is a bad one of Orange Park and there are a lot of people who party into the night (construction workers, etc.) along with a few other undesirable-looking people. I also had one of their tenants sexually harass me (he made comments to me as I drove up and away from the place) and they moved my room to another location but kept him here until he was arrested for drugs and a violent crime (I didn't want to know any more details). Stay away from this place!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from here!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank travelingshoesbecky
I understand you had an undesirable experience with Suburban Lodge- Orange Park. As the Assistant General Manager of the New Stay Suites of America, I invite you back to the property if you are ever in the Orange Park area to see the improvements we have made to the rooms and hotel as a whole, since our take over in August 2012. I can assure you that we have cleaned and refurbished the rooms and our tenent list to accommodate the satisfaction of all guests.

Travelers are raving about these Orange Park hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Since i have been in Florida for the time I have stayed I have had a great experience upon my stay at the Suburban Extended Stay in Orange Park, Florida. The staff is friendly and attentive. the price was affordable and I had a very enjoyable stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 12 in Orange Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park

Been to Stay Suites of America? Share your experiences!