“stayed for a night”

Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed August 2, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for a medical procedure being done a couple of miles down the road. the location was very convenient for what we needed it for. the front desk when we called for the room was very accommodating we explained my other person with me was a smoker so they suggested we take a bottom floor room which was very nice, and worked out very well. we asked if they had a guest laundry so could get a load done while there and they did so brought one load of laundry with us. we got checked in without a problem and I was excited to learn the guest laundry was on the bottom floor and would be very convenient. the room appeared to be clean quite small and the hotel itself is older. I went to do the load and they one washer was being used so looked at the time and figured the washer had 32 min. so figured would check back then and I did to find another load was in and the dryer now being used again 31 minutes to go so checked again. this being 4:30 decided to be back at 5:00pm to make this a shorter story at 7:30 pm went to the front desk young man and explained nothing had moved in there for hours. he went into the room and thru all the clothes wet and dry onto the table and walked away. I was shocked but thru my clothes into the washer and then had to watch it closely as I figured if and when anyone came back for them would do something to mine thinking I had done that to theirs. I spent the next couple of hours watching my clothes closely and finally getting the load done by 9:15 and no one ever came back for the clothes. at this point I have decided the guy at the front desk was doing laundry or at the least, one of the strange men hanging around the lobby all night was doing laundry at any case was not the convenience and lovely evening I had hoped for. I feel the breakfast was ok and the room ok but certainly not for the price.

Room Tip: unless you have to stay here I would keep looking
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brendacole11
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you takng the time to write a thorough review. We appreciate hearing about your experience, good and otherwise. I have shared your comments with the General Manager and we will use them to provide a superior experience to guests in the future!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Perfect hotel for my needs when in the area visiting a friend who works overnight at the naval air station. They are very accomodating about early and late check-ins/outs. The breakfast is good and the hotel and rooms are always clean. Wifi works perfectly well. Easy access to interstate and local shopping entertainment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Karen C
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I hope we see you again!

Doug

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Comfortable and inexpensive. Morning breakfast is good but I would recommend some cut fruit. Rooms do not have central air and the window units are noisy. It's just off the 295 loop but no direct access. Easy to get to the race track and NAS from there.

Room Tip: No real suggestion other than teh price is right and location is acceptable for the attractions ther...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pedro C

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Doug

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have had to stay at this hotel on two separate occasions. Both times we had Cock Roaches in our room. The first stay there were two cock roaches crawling on our bed then second time by the sink. I will never stay at this hotel again. It is filthy, infested with roaches and when you enter/exit the hotel there are dozens of wild diseased cats. The house keeping person that "cleaned" our room reeked of cigarettes. I wouldn't even allow the person in our room. Overall I think this hotel needs a visit by the health department and need to clean up the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Floridagirl253
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We are sorry for your experience. Please know that we have these situations dealt with professionally as soon as we are made aware of them.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This room was wonderful!! 2 separate rooms both clean.. Bathroom was clean.. we had fun at the pool...Breakfast was good...Was easy to get to off of the interstate..Very convenient to Orange Park and Jacksonville...Close to good restuarants..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 29melissas29
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks for your nice review! I'm glad you had a good experience, and we hope to see you again!

Doug Doan

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great military rates. My sister and I stayed with four children, 9 and under, in a suite and we had an enjoyable experience. Never heard the neighbors, felt safe in spite of it being off the highway, the staff was friendly and the hot breakfast was a nice perk. Especially enjoyed the lemon water provided daily in the lobby. Very refreshing in hot Jax! Good stop off place...

Room Tip: Second floor was quiet and had great wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Yes, the lemon water seems to be a big hit! Thanks for your kind review and we look forward to your next stay.

Doug Doan

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I really like this hotel and it's staff. We have stayed here many times. The rooms are large (suites) and the breakfast is good. The location is close to everything, yet secluded and secure. Also great water pressure and thick walls (you can't hear the neighbors). Sometimes depending on the floor we stay on, we have Internet problems with a poor wifi signal. I was very disappointed this trip with the carpet in our room. It was so dirty our feet turned black just from walking on it. It was so disgusting! I took pictures of my wife's feet after she walked on it. If they would replace or at least steam clean the carpets and get better wifi routers, I would give this hotel a better rating because I really do like this place.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Jupiterpike1
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I am sorry for your experience. We were able to steam clean the carpet in question and the problem is taken care of. Thanks so much for letting us know about it!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Park
Stay Suites of America
#9 of 12 in Orange Park
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Jacksonville, FL
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Orange Park

Been to Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!