Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
$107
$139
$116
Fairfield Inn
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville(Orange Park)(Great Value!)
$77
$110
Hotwire.com
$60
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskrecommend this hotelroom was cleannaval basenice breakfastfree breakfasthot breakfastwafflesnas jacksonvillestay there againminute drivec unitthe entire staffgreat place to staynaval air stationeasy accessenjoyed my stay
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I are retired and travel a lot. BW is our hotel of choice. However, we were at a retirement ceremony and chose this BW because it was close to NAS JAX and we prefer BW. Was very unimpressed as soon as I entered the lobby as it looked a little run down. The staff were nice and helpful and check in was easy. We had several family members staying there for the ceremony. The first night some of our family who were on a different floor had to be moved in the middle of the night to another room because of the bed bugs were all over their beds and floor and crawling on them and biting them. The second night, when we got back from the ceremony, our luggage had been moved to another room because of bed bugs.

We requested our money back and told them we were moving to another hotel. I must say they were very gracious in refunding our money and we immediately moved out worrying if we were taking the bugs with us. Would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

We are sorry for your experience. It is very rare, and we had the problem treated professionally immediately.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Me and my husband checked in at this hotel after seeing all the great reviews. When we walked into our room, it smelled really musty and humid but I just thought it was that the AC wasn't on or something. Then, I noticed the tile in the bathroom was stained really, really bad with water damage. The light fixtures had rusty spots around the edges which made me think there was water damage. Then, that's when I saw the roach!!! My husband killed it thankfully, but where there is one, there is more! So I started looking around and found another roach that was dead on the ground and old food! We called downstairs to get a different room. The guy put us in the room directly above us. We went and looked in the room and right away when we opened the door, there was a roach on the wall!!!! So, then we went back to our first room to grab our things and get our money back and leave and when we walked in the room, there was ANOTHER roach crawling up by the light fixture. All I have to say is I have no idea why people rated this hotel so great...when we first walked in the hotel, it seemed very nice, but as soon as we got in the elevator, you could just tell the place was not taken well care of. But the bugs put me overboard...I cannot do bugs lol Anyway, I would definitly NOT stay at that hotel even for $15...stay at a nicer hotel close by for $20 more, it is worth it.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn down the street. A little more money, but extremely nice and clean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

We are sorry for your experience. Even though they are rare, we take these incidents seriously, and have them taken care of immediately by a professional service. Again, our sincere apologies!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I found the hotel to be quite enjoyable and clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The price was affordable and fair. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling through or to the orange park area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thanks for your good recommendation! We do our best to provide a great value for all our guests.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a newly remodeled hotel. Stayed in an executive king suite. It had a separate bedroom from the living area that had a queen size pullout couch, love seat, upholstered chair, coffee table, desk with computer access and tv with storage chest. Also, had a wet bar, with sink, microwave, and fridge. The bedroom was big and it also had a tv. The bathroom was a bit small but had a good shower. The only downside for some might be the temperature regulation. The heat/ air unit is is the bedroom so it may be warmer or cooler than the living area, which does not have a vent. There is a ceiling fan in the living area. Breakfast is provided and their is a pretty large eating area. This is a nonsmoking, no pets hotel. The pool is in the back and heated on sunlight, so too cold for us to use. Staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: An executive king room is very roomy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a comprehensive review! We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Check in was a breeze . The room was larger than expected. Our room had a nice small kitchen, with a table, chairs, fridge, sink, microwave. We had dinner in our kitchen area every night. The front desk was very nice and accommodating. The lady in charge of breakfast was the best. I was right at home with the hotel Cat. It was so cute waiting for some breakfast. she liked the eggs, LOL....There are lots of shopping down the road. Dicks wings were the best wings ever, they are down the street. Thank you for a Great stay, we will see you next time we are in town...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chas29644
BestWestern-Doug, Front Office Manager at Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I hope your poker experience was also as positive!