All reviewsfront deskconference roompreferred hotelthe sofa bedmini fridgeparking lotswitch roomssoccer teamshort driverooms are nicevisiting family in the areaexercise roombusiness triproad noisethe air conditioningroom was largean overnight stay
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

The front desk receptionist was very friendly and welcoming. It was nice to be warmly welcomed after the long trip. However, disappointed with room maintenance. I had to run water for 30min to get hot water every time I needed it, not sure that was because I stayed at the 5th floor. The iron was not working, the metal was melted and I almost ruined my cloths. There was a roach in the bathroom and the coffee pot was filthy..... and no complementary breakfast in this hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accommodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. It appears we fell short during your stay. I apologize for the issues you had with hot water and your iron. I have shared your comments with the appropriate members of our staff. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

Rooms are nicely appointed, and pleasant. The cleaners fail miserably though. Bathroom with hair; shower, sink, around the toilet. The nightstand even had food crumbs on it.
The sink and shower were both not exactly pristine, the sick had large cracks in it. The caulk around the shower was mold stained, and you could smell it when the hot water was on.
The hotel is nice enough, but in all honesty, for the price, I have no idea why anyone would stay at a hotel that does not provide a free breakfast. It was not my choice to stay here, but as nice as it was (apart from the mess), I really wouldn't choose to stay here again.

Stayed: December 2016
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accommodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. It appears we fell short during your stay in regards to housekeeping services. I have shared your comments with the appropriate members of our staff. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

My wife and I stayed at this property 3/17-24/2017. We had a two room king suite, and there was plenty of room to spread out and relax. Bed was comfy, chairs and love seat were comfy, fridge worked ok, bathroom was ok. HVAC worked ok but the unit in the bedroom was a bit noisier than we would have liked. Toilet probably needed a new flapper, ran a little bit. We liked having Starbucks available in the hotel, and the exercise room was good for what we wanted. We enjoyed the stay and would visit this property again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel if road noise is a concern. Wells Road can be busy and the hotel sits close to the road
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed March 8, 2017

Hubby and I were visiting family in Orange park for the day. Chose his hotel for our overnight stay because it was close to the relatives house. Traffic in that area was horrific. Had a little bit of trouble finding our way around the area and the GPS was not much help. Check in was a breeze, lobby was very attractive. I overheard the clerk telling people that they were sold out. Room was nice and clean. The beds were comfy and bathroom was large and clean. Our room was right around the corner from the elevators, so we did here some strange " thumping in the night". but nothing that kept us awake.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2017

Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

The cleaning situation was so terrible is became comedic. The first morning we were there, the cleaning crew came by around 9am ... of course we were sleeping, so this woke us up. We asked them to come back in an hour when we'd be at brunch. They didn't. We left for the afternoon/evening around 2pm and came back to a Do Not Disturb sign on our door, which surprised us since we didn't leave it there. The room wasn't clean. We raised this to the manager who essentially called us liars bec her notes said the cleaning crew tried to clean. She refused to do anything to make it right. It gets better. The second day the exact same thing happened! The crew must have decided not to clean both days and just put that sign on the door. I've still yet to receive an apology or anything to make it right

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2017