Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stay at alot of hotels, and I hate to write something bad about a Marriott because I normally love them. I had the worst experience in a hotel I've ever had at this place. I had a VERY extended stay at this hotel and from the very first night I had issues. I was so ready to get out of there, I left behind some items, which as soon as I realized I had left, I called and tried to get in contact with the management of Housekeeping. The young lady at the front told me I would get a call back...and it's been 2 weeks. Guess I lost that stuff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Jen S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly, so that I may get further insight regarding your stay. I would also like to work on getting your lost and found items back to you.

Regards,

Richard Lowe
richard.lowe@marriott.com

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Clean rooms? ...Good enough for government work..
Lose dry cleaning for 48 hours after delivering to wrong room? ....Roger that.
Breakfast attendant U/A for 30 minutes at a time? ....Aye, aye, Skipper.
Three hour Lobby Port Call for a cluster of pilots in various stages of intoxication? Yep.

And good old Marriott has no Business Center.
Their tactic to limit guest time on the computers is to situate them in the same room as the lobby with a short divider partition. No privacy and anything going on in the Front Desk or lobby/bar area is happening directly in your sight line. And you hear it all.

After 45 minutes of f-bombs and other testosterone gems, I tracked down the night auditor and asked if there was anything she cared to do.
-I'm sorry. We got a lot of NAS business so I'm just supposed to stay at my desk down this hallway and do my work.

So there you have it, Parents of Impressionable Youngsters.
Don't check in after 11 p.m..
Don't let the kiddies use the computers downstairs after 11 p.m.

In fairness, the drunker the pilots became, the fewer the stories about women. Instead they became louder and painted the air indigo about [--] supervisors and flightline idiots.
From an EEOC perspective, a marked improvement.

I know they need a place to hang and decompress but isn't this what bars are for?

Ah, well.
Maybe the in-room entertainment system didn't have any new gladiator movies.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear BluntedHedgehog,

I recently sent you an inquiry regarding your recent comments attempting to gain more insight into your stay, but have had no repsonse. I apologize for the inconveniences you were subjected to and have reviewed your comments with my staff. Thank you once again for your comments and if you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
Richard Lowe

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I had a very nice stay at the Courtyard Marriott. The staff and facilities were outstanding. Upon check in, we requested a cot for an extra guest and one was delivered as soon as we entered the room. The room was clean and we had a nice view of the pool. The conference room was spacious and the maintenance staff was helpful in setting up my laptop to the projector for a presentation I had prepared for my conference. I would definitely stay at this hotel again should I return to the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Only reason I am giving this hotel an average rating is because most of the staff were very nice and helpful. Our room was not clean when we arrived. We did check in 10 minutes early but were told a room was available. We booked a king suite. Living area obviously not cleaned, dried food, shredded cheese and peanuts, in floor in front of couch, couch had crumbs all over it. Took 5 seconds to see so no attempt made to vacuum. Bed and bath appeared clean and since we were staying 3 nights, didn't want to start out on bad note, just picked it up myself. Then noticed carpet in front is bar area was NASTY. I'm not talking a small spot or two, but nasty, huge stains! Opened frig to put water bottles in, it smelled horrible and had nasty stuff spelled in it and not cleaned....GROSS. I assumed someone had left food in it and housekeeping had not caught it, surprise, and it rotted, then when they found, they hadn't cleaned it out well. While out the next day, very little housekeeping. Out of habit, I pull up my bed covers in the morning. I have always had housekeeping remake the bed anyway...not here, nothing done with bed. They couldn't have spent 2 minutes in our room that day. Carpet around breakfast area also dirty. I was surprised to find a Courtyard so dirty. Usually they are very clean. My impression was bad management, how can an active manager not notice such poor inattention to a good cleaning. I decided on Courtyard because they were a little cheaper than the Holiday Inn next door, not worth it. We will be visiting the area a lot in the future and I will pay the extra money to stay at the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Good next door to the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I appreciate the input regarding your stay. I apologize for the cleanliness related issues you encountered and will address your concerns with my staff to ensure closer attention is paid to these areas.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Excellent Hotel but not yet updated to Courtyards new standard. Great staff with excellent service at a great price. We used the large conference room and it was quite comfortable. Easy to reach just off the beltway with plenty of parking and a mall just down the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I apologize that we were forced to relocate you during your stay. Our goal is to honor all of our incoming guests requests, especially guaranteed reservations, but due to unexpected and uncontrollable events we rarely are forced to relocate some guests. I am sorry that the property were relocated your reservation to was not satisfactory. We will look elsewhere in the future when being forced to relocate guests. Since you have stayed with us in the past and have been satisfied, I would hope that you would return to be our guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had stayed there before and had been very happy. But this trip, despite a confirmation letter. They gave our room away because they were overbooked. When you have been traveling for 14 hours from the UK, this is not what you want to hear! They refunded our money and paid for us to stay at the rather rundown and dated Best Western on the side of the interstate. Definitely not like for like... So next time I will book elswhere

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I attended a seminar at the Orange Park Marriott and felt the hotel was a little over priced. I know most people on business trips don't worry about the price, but when you're self-employed and pay your own way, it makes a difference. The location was ok, but there was not many restaurants within walking distance. At least the room was clean though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013