“Good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Sevierville, TN
“Good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was a very nice, clean and modern hotel. Rooms are nice and big, with plenty of room to stretch out. Big comfy bed and soft pillows. There is a full breakfast, complete with a gal that will cook your eggs to order, but it costs $7.95. It appears it is mostly for the business class, but my husband and I enjoyed our stay. Close to the expressway, easy to get around with lots of shopping nearby. The staff was OK, not as friendly as they could be. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

On business in Jacksonville, I decided to try something different and stayed here. My check in was very quick and easy. I was up to my room in just minutes.

The room was nice and spacious with two queens, a computer desk, bureau, armoire type closet, and a chair. The fridge is stored in a cubby near the bathroom (took me a moment to find it!). I found the bathroom to be clean and the water pressure was just right. I love the Marriott shower heads too.

My first night was spent tossing and turning on the exceptionally hard mattress. I was really surprised. My first night in most hotels is my best night and this disappointed me. My next two nights, I tried the other bed in the room and it felt slightly better. My second night was spent listening to slamming doors on my floor. Though I heard no voices. Just the doors.

I was surprised by the breakfast cost. I was an extremely tight budget on this trip and stayed where I thought complimentary breakfast was provided. My mistake. Courtyard does not provide a free breakfast. It was $7.95 for the hot line. Not a bad price, but still caught me off guard.

Internet in the room was wireless and worked fine. I had no issues with any of my devices. I was provided a Verizon Air Card for my work computer and I had almost no signal in the room with that air card. That really surprised me. My AT&T cell phone had plenty of signal.

Nice place. Good location. Hard beds!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Land O Lakes, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really nothing outstanding at this Marriott as far as the actual rooms here go - well kept and average in size. However, the location is superb right off I- 275 with a large selection of restaurants nearby!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Savannah, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here two nights ago (Saturday night), and seem to have had a very different experience from many others who've left reviews.

The entry level of this hotel has reception, bar, and business center all in one open area. When we arrived about 8:00 PM, there was a football game on the bar TV with the volume absolutely blaring, one guy drinking beer at the bar, and another drinking beer at the computer center. Why so loud for two people? Stun volume. The receptionist actually had to talk over it.

Got to our room, and neither key worked. Back downstairs to get properly programmed keys.

During the night, the mini-refrigerator was so loud that I had to pull it from its cubby and unplug it.

The next morning, I noticed several hairs on the floor next to the tub. Neither of us had showered yet. Lack of thorough vacuuming, at the least.

I went downstairs to the business center around 7:30 AM to check email, and there was an empty beer bottle and bar-snack container from the night before next to the computer.

Given the general disarray of the operation, we decided to skip breakfast here.

When we left at 9:30, the beer bottle and snack dish were still there next to the computer. At what time do people responsible for this place clean up after last night's bar patrons?

When we checked out, the desk guy didn't ask how our stay was.

The answer would have been: Part Marriott Courtyard, part careless frat house. I will not stay here again. I notice the manager loves to leave comments on reviews. Please don't bother in this case.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel -- suggest you stay in Jacksonville.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank originalbob
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced while staying with us recently. As you mentioned, your review varies from most left in regards to our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and will use this situation as learning experience for the staff. I hope that this one experience does not negatively impact your future decision if returning to the area or choosing Courtyard by Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Camilla, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have always stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting Orange Park but they were booked for the weekend we planned to go. I checked Trip Advisor and Courtyard was number 1 on the list. I called and they had availability so we decided to give it a try. We were so pleased that we plan to return to the Courtyard for all our future visits. The rooms were so modern! We had all the amenities and it was so clean my husband thought it had just opened. The only complaint we had was that the bed is very firm and we are used to a pillowtop cushion. The staff was professional and courteous. The location was perfect for what we wanted to do. As it was November, we did not use the pool but it was clean also. Great tip Tripadvisor!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

While we had an issue with check in that could have put a damper on things, it was taken care of, although it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. We were greeted with friendly housekeeping, a beautiful room and decor, and staying in a room with four children wasn't an issue with space in our room. When we had an issue with the room, maintenance responded faster than I expected. We did have to get breakfast elsewhere because of cost but we made it work. We loved our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Love staying at this hotel. Very clean, looks modern and spacious rooms. Need some help at front desk. Not too friendly. Breakfast should be included with your reservation. Restaurants are not really close to the hotel.

Room Tip: The king size room is very nice. It has a sofa bed that fit two people. Lots of room. Flat screen TV...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Park
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Orange Park
BEST WESTERN Southside Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn Jacksonville Orange Park
Days Inn Orange Park/Jacksonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville

Been to Courtyard Jacksonville Orange Park? Share your experiences!