“Great location, Average rooms”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really nothing outstanding at this Marriott as far as the actual rooms here go - well kept and average in size. However, the location is superb right off I- 275 with a large selection of restaurants nearby!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here two nights ago (Saturday night), and seem to have had a very different experience from many others who've left reviews.

The entry level of this hotel has reception, bar, and business center all in one open area. When we arrived about 8:00 PM, there was a football game on the bar TV with the volume absolutely blaring, one guy drinking beer at the bar, and another drinking beer at the computer center. Why so loud for two people? Stun volume. The receptionist actually had to talk over it.

Got to our room, and neither key worked. Back downstairs to get properly programmed keys.

During the night, the mini-refrigerator was so loud that I had to pull it from its cubby and unplug it.

The next morning, I noticed several hairs on the floor next to the tub. Neither of us had showered yet. Lack of thorough vacuuming, at the least.

I went downstairs to the business center around 7:30 AM to check email, and there was an empty beer bottle and bar-snack container from the night before next to the computer.

Given the general disarray of the operation, we decided to skip breakfast here.

When we left at 9:30, the beer bottle and snack dish were still there next to the computer. At what time do people responsible for this place clean up after last night's bar patrons?

When we checked out, the desk guy didn't ask how our stay was.

The answer would have been: Part Marriott Courtyard, part careless frat house. I will not stay here again. I notice the manager loves to leave comments on reviews. Please don't bother in this case.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel -- suggest you stay in Jacksonville.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank originalbob
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced while staying with us recently. As you mentioned, your review varies from most left in regards to our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and will use this situation as learning experience for the staff. I hope that this one experience does not negatively impact your future decision if returning to the area or choosing Courtyard by Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have always stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting Orange Park but they were booked for the weekend we planned to go. I checked Trip Advisor and Courtyard was number 1 on the list. I called and they had availability so we decided to give it a try. We were so pleased that we plan to return to the Courtyard for all our future visits. The rooms were so modern! We had all the amenities and it was so clean my husband thought it had just opened. The only complaint we had was that the bed is very firm and we are used to a pillowtop cushion. The staff was professional and courteous. The location was perfect for what we wanted to do. As it was November, we did not use the pool but it was clean also. Great tip Tripadvisor!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Reviewed October 24, 2012

While we had an issue with check in that could have put a damper on things, it was taken care of, although it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. We were greeted with friendly housekeeping, a beautiful room and decor, and staying in a room with four children wasn't an issue with space in our room. When we had an issue with the room, maintenance responded faster than I expected. We did have to get breakfast elsewhere because of cost but we made it work. We loved our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Love staying at this hotel. Very clean, looks modern and spacious rooms. Need some help at front desk. Not too friendly. Breakfast should be included with your reservation. Restaurants are not really close to the hotel.

Room Tip: The king size room is very nice. It has a sofa bed that fit two people. Lots of room. Flat screen TV...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed at this Courtyard for 2 nights 7/26/12-7/27/12...before moving down the coast with family for some r+r. Right off 295 for easy access. Very close to restaurants. Stayed in room w/ 2 teenagers...plenty of room in this updated hotel. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Used pool and exercise room...top notch.
No issues whatsoever. I would stay again! Thanks Marriott for a great stay!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed 3 nights recently during the the birth of my grandson. I found the hotel, clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast was good, the first time it could have been hotter, but the following day it was just right. Also $7.95 all you can eat was a bargain. My room was a bit noisy one night, but I think this was due to it's proximity to the elevator and ice machine.
The only sour note was the morning I was checking out. The cleaner rang my room at 11:30 on her mobile phone to ask if I was leaving soon (checkout was12). When I came out she was In the hall, doing the same thing to someone else. I reported this to the front desk as I left. I used the pool and the gym, both were clean and well maintained.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo