“Clean and friendly”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Orange Park
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed 3 nights recently during the the birth of my grandson. I found the hotel, clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast was good, the first time it could have been hotter, but the following day it was just right. Also $7.95 all you can eat was a bargain. My room was a bit noisy one night, but I think this was due to it's proximity to the elevator and ice machine.
The only sour note was the morning I was checking out. The cleaner rang my room at 11:30 on her mobile phone to ask if I was leaving soon (checkout was12). When I came out she was In the hall, doing the same thing to someone else. I reported this to the front desk as I left. I used the pool and the gym, both were clean and well maintained.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am happy to see that your stay here was pleasant. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have stayed here many times and have been loyal Marriott customer when we travel - this time we bid thru priceline just to save a bit - when checking in we asked for 2 beds instead of 1 and Manager Joanna replied our priceline bid does not guarantee choice of beds. We understood that and it would not have mattered if our daughter had not decided to come with us last minute. She was actually degrading & rude how she explained Marriott & priceline policies and did not even acknowledge that we had booked with them many other times thru Marriott. She ended up giving us 2 beds for additional $25 fee.

Although this has been our 1st choice, next time we will consider going back to Holiday Inn next door.

Room Tip: you can ask for a balcony, although they say they usually give those to smokers.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and hope that this one incident will not prevent future stays. The individual you mentioned in your review is no longer with us. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We just spent the weekend at this hotel and never again. First of all, I found a live bug under one of the pillows on the bed. Second, the rug was very dirty; spots all over the place. Third, the hotel just plain needs general maintenance; walls painted, windows washed, etc. Fourth, we are smokers so we got a room with a balcony. However, they don't even have chairs on the balcony. What if a guest would just like to get some fresh air? Fifth, the bathtub had mold all along the inside edge. Yuk! Sixth, the hotel offers a breakfast buffet ($8.50), with a griddle for omelets. For two days the hot pans were mostly empty and the girl in charge did not seem to want to be there. My husband and I agreed that she was not at all hospitable. The desk staff and the housekeeping staff were very nice and friendly. This hotel needs alot of work.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard- Jacksonville/Orange Park, FL. We strive to provide our guests with the service and accomodations Marriott Courtyard guests expect and deserve. I am sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations. We will use your input as a tool for improvement. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future, should your travel plans permit.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I do not go to Florida, but we came for two days for a family reunion. I will say this hotel is very nice. We needed adjoining rooms, but none were available when we came b/c we'd arrived early (noon). Front desk was very accomodating as it was 6 of us, and she allowed us to stay in one of the clean adjoining rooms until the other one was vacated and cleaned. Lobby was beautiful, and saturday's breakfast was awesome! I think they only do waffles and omelets made-to-order on saturdays, so, BONUS! Rooms were very spacious and nice-- so much so that I didn't want to leave the room. All modern amenities in room, outdoor pool, and very nice exercise room. Black out shades were amazing. I'd definitely stay here again, IF I ever go to Florida again lol!

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms, just know that they only have one set per floor, and it's a King w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
jaxco051508, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel was very nice. We stayed for two nights. The pool was always clean and the rooms were clean as well. The hotel lobby was nice and the staff at the desk were always friendly and ready to help. The only reason I didn't rate 5 stars was because on the day before our checkout, we called down to ask for a late checkout. The front desk clerk was very nice and told us we could check out by 1pm the next day. However, the next morning around 11:30, someone was beating on our door (even though we had the do not disturb sign up and we were still sleeping). It was housekeeping asking if we were checking out or what... I said we had late check out, she said no one informed her. So we were a little upset that we got woken up after coming in late the night before. However, this was just a minor issue. We normally stay at the Holiday Inn next door and this hotel was just as nice. If we return to OP area, we will more than likely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great location, no nonsense place that caters to families as well as the business traveler. Everything clean and modern. Business center to support every need. Room had microwave and frige in room. Staff knowledgeable and supportive. Offered good discounts for senior or whatever. Will definetly return. Close to base, restauraunts and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We made a good choice staying here. The rooms are spotless and the front desk staff is very accommodating. The breakfast is not the best, typical continental. If it is not included, don't spend the money. The hotel is on a main road with dozens of restaurants along the road. There is movie theather,Target and a supermarket near by. Again, great location and good value.

• Stayed: June 2012