“The weakest Bob Evans I've ever visited”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #34 of 86 Restaurants in Orange City
Cuisines: American
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The greeter did a great job getting us in & seated. From there things went downhill. I told the waitress I was waiting for a friend to come, but would take coffee right away. The coffee came, but it took a very long time to get anyone's attention to get a spoon to mix in my sugar & milk. In fact I couldn't hardly get any waiter's attention for about 40 minutes while I waited for my friend who came late.

When my friend arrived, finally we got some attention, but the waitress forgot that I asked for orange juice. Then the omelette I ordered was surprisingly small & unremarkable. I'm not sure what's going on here, but this place didn't feel anything like the service I normally get at Bob Evans--except for the nice lady who greeted me on the way in.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Had roast over mashed potatoes and hardly got potatoes. Was a long wait for take-out. Stayed at nearby hotel and was tired so I thought if try for first time.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We chose to eat here on our last night in Florida since it was next door to our hotel (HI EX). We had never been to a Bob Evans before and so we were a bit hesitant, as we didn't want to leave Florida with a "bad taste in our mouths" (literally). All I can say is "WOW!" From our very prompt and courteous server (Aaron, I believe?) to the amazingly tasty food, we were all impressed with this establishment. We went for dinner on a Sunday night and it wasn't crazy busy. I just wanted soup, and my Cheddar Baked Potato soup hit the spot...very yummy. My husband and son both tried it and thought it was excellent, as well. Hubby had the 3 course dinner, steak, which was very good. He was pleased with his entire meal. My son was very happy with his grilled chicken strips meal, especially the fact that he got a hot fudge sundae at the end. We thought the menu prices were quite reasonable. In fact, if I lived near a Bob Evans, I'd be stopping by to grab the "soup to go for $5" pretty frequently. I think it is about equivalent to 4 bowls, which would make for an easy, yet delicious meal at a remarkably low price. I'm happy to say, thanks to this Bob Evans we left Florida with a good taste in our mouths.

1  Thank OktoGo88
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been eating at Bob Evans for more years than I can remember. Usually, the food was good, the wait staff smiled, and the food was reasonably priced. It seems that that is no longer the case at the Bob Evans in Orange City. A convenient location next to Interstate 4 should easily be busy and more importantly, a great place to eat! Recently they spent a bunch of money to remodel their facility, printed new menus, and raised their prices very high to my way of thinking! An example of some of the shortcomings is the menus! Believe it or not, the menu is VERY important to the over 55 club first, so they may read everything and secondly that the photographs of the food offerings are an excellent and actual representation. Right now if you order an item off the menu, you may be surprised that what you just ordered does not appear to be any where similar in size to that which is on the menu!! I am well aware that businesses need to make money but this is not the manner I would use. Mr. Bob would be not be pleased with what is going on now as I believe the current management is pulling a "Disney" by over pricing and under-delivering!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I don't typically review chain restaurants but had to make an exception for this one simply because of the service. We visited late morning for breakfast. This is a small restaurant compared to most Bob Evans. We were seated timely and Luke, our server approached quickly and took our drink orders. It was clear that the waitstaff here is all rather young and many may be inexperienced or new...but the manager kept them all organized and moving the customers and meals in and out quickly and always with a positive statement and a smile. Luke was clearly busy and the manager stepped up to take our order for us just as Luke became available to do the same. She allowed him to do his job and moved on to other areas of need in the store.

Our order did seem to take a while, and definitely longer than i've ever experienced at a Bob Evans. However, it was clear that they were not simply lolly-gagging around, just that there was plenty of work to be done keeping all busy. Luke made an attempt to mitigate the costs of my order by substituting a single slice of fried mush for the normal starch option. While this was quite thoughtful and I appreciate a server looking out for my pocketbook, it didn't work in his favor this time as the mush is our real reason for every visit to BE. As a result he ended up having to rush the kitchen a bit to produce an additional piece of mush (i'd ordered a full order which would have been 3 pcs). Worked out fine but created a delay/issue for the kitchen and my meal. I would suggest that Luke ask specifically in the future.

The real emphasis of this review, though, should be the manager on this morning. She was amazing! She was supportive, positive and upbeat with her customers and her staff. She stepped in to do and help in any capacity where she could see the need. She ran cash, served, took orders, checked on customers, coached the kitchen, helped bus tables, coached the servers and was a true joy to behold. I'd visit again simply to watch her work. Somebody give this woman an award!