“"what are you going to do"...um, never go back!”

Mi Tierra Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 84 Restaurants in Orange City
Reviewed August 31, 2010

The first few times we ate here it was pretty good. There were only one or two of the staff that were actually friendly, but they were consistently good. The food was good the first few times we went in, then things changed. I took several of my co-workers in for lunch and it took us over two hours to get our meal served correctly. The server was terrible, brought us the wrong food and then was downright hateful when we asked for the correct items. The food was severely undercooked. I was embarrassed because I had recommended the place to my co-workers. We were never given the tab, and had to go up front and ask for it. The manager(may have also been the owner, wasn't able to confirm this though) checked us out, and I mentioned our concerns to him, and he glared at me and said very hatefully, "yeah, what are you going to do about it?!" Well, the answer to that is that I'm going to spend my money elsewhere! La Hacienda is right across the street and provides a much better product with pretty good service!

3  Thank theconstantwanderer

Reviewed January 29, 2010

Mmmm! Mi Tierra is just fabulous. If you're looking for authentic Mexican, this is your place. They just moved to a new building- so the atmosphere is leaps and bounds above their old place. The food is excellent, very consistent, fresh and full of flavor. The prices are great, and as previous reviewer stated, w/ food this good why would you ever go to a Mexican chain again? Try it, you'll love it!

Reviewed September 4, 2009

There are many good Mexican restaurants in West Volusia as there are many Mexican families settled here. This is my favorite. The dailey specials are terrific and such a bargain. The fahitas are something special. This restaurant is so popular they have opened another location in DeLand. The staff is very friendly and the prices are completely reasonable. There is absolutely no reason to go to chains such as "Moe's" when we have this quality of a local place.
Highly recommended.