“Clean, convenient and pet friendly”

Days Inn Orange City/Deland
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Orange City
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I chose the Days Inn after a nearby property (at which I had made advance reservations) informed me on my arrival that they were no longer a pet friendly hotel. I had come to Deland to participate in a dog show and had my two Springer Spaniels. After calling around I was able to secure a room at Days Inn. They charged me $10 per dog each night. I was able to park my van right out front of my room. My room was very nice and my two little ones loved all the lush grass! Also very easy to get to the county fairground from there. Would like to see some hot items included in their breakfast, but that was the only issue I found Overall I was very happy with everything else and will return for the next dog show. It was clean, convenient, reasonably priced, and pet friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This past weekend I enjoyed a mini-reunion with friends I had not seen for some time. We stayed in three rooms. The staff could not have been more accomodating. They allowed me to check in a few hours before their usual check-in time and made sure we had adjoining rooms. My friends and I were able to spent hours by the outdoor pool (which was sparkling clean)! And after a trip to the fairgrounds to attend a show, we all returned that evening and were permitted to use their large brick outdoor grill. The grounds were beautiful! Our rooms were all clean, had the usual amenities like Microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, etc. and flat screen tv. I did have a problem connecting to the Wifi. On calling the front desk for help, the clerk on duty arrived at my room within minutes and help me with a setting which prevented me from connecting. In no time at all, I had access to the internet! While not a brand new property, I found my room to be nicely furnished, and clean. The only problem I did encounter was those seasonal 'love bugs' were everywhere until after dusk. One actually flew in my mouth and they seemed to be attracted to the light colored paint on the motel's doors! A real nuisance.
I still had such a great time, (despite 'lovebugs'), and my friends and I plan to make this an annual event if we can. (just not during 'lovebug season'.lol). I would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone visiting this area. The man at the desk also recommended an excellent restaurant very close by called 'Angelinas' our first night. The six of us stuffed ourselves the food was so delicious! I am surprised to read the negative reviews. Our experience could not have been more the opposite! The owners and their employees treated us like family. We will be looking forward to our next stay there. Thumbs up.

Room Tip: no elevator, only stairs, so make sure to ask for downstairs room if stairs present a problem. Othe...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Bugs both live and dead all over room, along base boards and in AC unit etc. Hair on blankets. Room smelled bad and was very old and outdated. Read some of the other bad reviews on this property and I assure you they are all true.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Not many choices in the area, so I guess this one is in general okay. At check-in, the owner was on a personal call that wouldn't hang up, and started the paperwork w/o even greeting us...very impersonal. Then, the key wouldn't work. Then the towels were in such a bad condition that had to ask to replace then, only to get more of the same. But in general, the rest of the stay went okay: pool, bed and breakfast was okay. Microwave and fridge are convenient. Only recommend for short stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Orange City Motel
#3 of 5 in Orange City
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona
Hampton Inn & Suites Deland

Been to Days Inn Orange City/Deland? Share your experiences!