“Sonny's, yum....”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Sonny's is always a good choice for BBQ. This Particular one has a good charm to it. The food is as good as any other. The servers are personable, and the parking lot is plentiful. Sweet sauce is the best.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My Sister and I were headed off to see a movie at the new Theaters in Deltona and decided we would stop by Sonny's (her choice) for a quick bite to eat before the movie. She promised me this is a great Sonny's restaurant..

We arrived around 1pm, the place was not busy at all, no one in front of us, and we could see plenty of empty tables. But we stood there for almost 10 minutes before someone came to seat us at a table.

Waitress took our drink order, then after 10 more minutes. had to flag her down to take our order, as we were losing precious time.

We both got the Sliced Pork Big Deal sandwiches, I ordered a Sweet Potato as my side and she got Coleslaw. When our meals arrived, I cut into the Sweet Potato and immediately knew it was bad, as instead of being a nice bright orange color, it was brown and mushy, and when I tried it - UGH!! Since all of our delays in seating and ordering, we were on a tight schedule, so did not send it back, but could not eat it. Our Pork Sandwiches had an ample amount of meat, but we both looked at each other, as it was so dry it looked like chipped beef. So we lathered it up with sauce, ate as quick as we could and she apologized for it being so bad...

We had to flag down our waitress to get our bill and needless to say we were 15 minutes late for our movie - luckily the previews are that long..

So, have to say, this Sonny's BBQ was a big disappointment and would never return if in the area. Also had to report the bad experience to our family members who dine at this location often, who were as well shocked and stated, that guess we never should go to this place after 12:30 pm as you get old dried out food.

Wish my Sister would have listened to me and we tried the Woody's BBQ in the area!!!

1  Thank DNSPartners
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Just good food, good service, always clean, and a decent salad bar

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Food was good, service a bit slow ~ salad bar a bit messy, but there were too many kids "helping" themselves the night we were there!!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Sony's is probably my favorite "go to" BBQ restaurant when I'm traveling or looking for a quick place for a bite to eat. It's definately not the best I've ever had but it is always good no matter where I find one. Consistancy is key here as you always know what to expect and I've never been disappointed...